PDA

View Full Version : 7.5 - Missing Polygons in Layout

Mipmap
06-17-2004, 07:59 AM
I'm having a strange problem in 7.5, where on a loaded subpatch character model, polygons in some places will disappear when viewed from the camera or the perspective. If I zoom out some they will return, which at first made me think it was the near clip distance, but that doesn't seem to be the case.

I can hold the view position where some polygons are missing and then rotate the perspective just a little and they will return. Its just at certain angles that they seem to vanish on me. It seemed like a problem with non planar polygons that I had once, but its a subpatch model set to 3 levels in the display. I thought with that it will have tripled the polygons in layout so that kind of thing isn't a problem? :confused:

-edit-

Seems making the polygons doublesided will fix it, but I think this causes a performance hit on rendering doesn't it? I'll have to just remember to untick the boxes before rendering.

objuan
06-18-2004, 03:52 AM
When you find an angle with a missing poly, does it show up with a render?

I've run into similar sounding openGL issues on several occasions, and my approach has been to try and ignore them knowing they ain't the final product.