PDA

View Full Version : Ik Boost Poses / motions

badllarma
06-17-2004, 02:50 AM
Any one get them to reload back in??

Saved a pose then cleared the scene tried to reload it to my character after IK boost has been applied but Layout cannot see the file even thought it is there??

andy

Librarian
06-17-2004, 05:04 AM
Make sure it is a text file. Check the prefix of the file.

badllarma
06-17-2004, 12:03 PM
So I have to go in and manually setup the prefix? How long was this in Beta testing :rolleyes:

The file opens fine with notepad but Ik Boost still cannot see it. Only Newtek could make a new tool that saves itself but cannot read itself again without manual intervention. :mad:

You need any more beta testers given me a bell :rolleyes:

Zach
06-18-2004, 02:27 AM
sorry, a little off topic, but i seem to be not able to use my boost rig after I've closed the scene down and opened it again. Ever encounter this?
the scene file attached

badllarma
06-18-2004, 09:12 AM
Sorry Zach not used that yet but it could be tied in to the problems I'm having make you save with the "rig" prefix may work??
Or go and try one of the scenes from the demo discs you get with Lightwave and and have a look to see how the rigs for those are saved then you may have to type the correct prefix on saving your file.

It's just a guess, but it maybe all of the saving out setting in IK Boost may be broken :rolleyes:

Zach
06-18-2004, 10:12 PM
hmm... strange, I opened up one of the ik booster scenes from the content cd and it worked fine, then I opened up my problematic scene and it works fine too. I don't know what's going on, but as long as that is a work around that I can continue to use, I don't care. (odd work around though)

Emmanuel
06-20-2004, 07:59 AM
Just having a wild guess here, but maybe there's a plugin thats not loaded correctly, which IS loaded when loading a scene from the content ?

Jaffro
06-23-2004, 12:07 PM
I've had great success with loading poses back in, i haven't tried motions yet. but just saved as a txt file and its fine. for me.
I just select the frame i want the pose on, select the object and import it without issue.

I do find that when i'm reloading a scene i need to select the IKB tool before trying to use the IKB rig, or just hit CTRL+b when i'm about to use it.