PDA

View Full Version : Help: Crash on F9 after clearing .pfx file

Triple G
06-16-2004, 09:45 PM
I was banging my head against the wall this afternoon at work trying to figure this one out, with no luck.

The file contains a couple of emitters with .pfx files being used...other than that, nothing real unusual. It will render fine if I just open it up and hit F9. However, if I clear the .pfx files from the emitters so that I can tweak their motions, as soon as I hit F9 to test render, LW just up and quits.

I've tried everything I can think of...lowering the mesh resolution incase it's a memory-related problem, stripping all Fprime shaders, manually editing the scene file to take out the spreadsheet lines (usually only makes a difference with Screamernet, but I figured what the heck)...nothing seemed to make a difference.

Lightwave is running off of a network server....maybe it could be a network issue? Seems odd though, that I could render fine before clearing the .pfx files. I don't know....I guess I'm just kinda thinking out loud here. If anyone has any ideas, I'm all ears. :confused: