PDA

View Full Version : I give Newtek an A+

koots
06-16-2004, 06:40 PM
just saying how much i love LW 8 i have not had as much time as i have wanted playing with it. but what i can tell i love to use it! thanx for a great product. I can not wait to see what else is in store for LW and Newtek. great job!!! I give Newtek an A+
-jonn

ps does everyone else still like it??

jevinstudios
06-16-2004, 08:23 PM
Right on, dude! I totally agree!

mobilesurge
06-16-2004, 09:33 PM
Werd. Lightwave 8.0 is a solid refinement of workflow and toolset functionality. It's a lot of power, at the right price. Keep it up Newtek!

Signal to Noise
06-16-2004, 10:19 PM
NewTek sent out a Customer Survey today for registered users.

There's really no ultimate score but based on the comments and rankings I selected I would say I gave [8], as it is out of 'the box', a 7.5/10. There are numerous bugs, some new some old, and missing info that needs to be addressed before it earns a higher "grade", imo.

Overall, [8] is definitely on the right track. A couple of solid updates and it will be a kick-***** version!:)

brap
06-17-2004, 11:12 AM
With respect, it's a little early to be sending out customer surveys . Get the manual out, fix the bugs, officially launch the software, then we'll talk. :)

Signal to Noise
06-17-2004, 12:08 PM
Brap, the reason for the Customer Survey is, I believe the intent of the initial (i.e. unofficial) release of [8] to upgraders only, was to be a a part of a pseudo Beta test. This is mere speculation mind you and it seems to be somewhat valid according to the email NewTek sent out.

So with that in mind, and apparently a few more similar surveys yet to come, the survey is to serve as a guideline to "get the manual out, fix the bugs", etc. All the feedback goes towards "officially [launching] the software".

Having the early survey(s) was an excellent idea on NewTek's part and it is indicitive of them paying attention to the user community.

pblacklock
06-17-2004, 01:09 PM
i agree with Jamie

way too early for clients surveys, unless you need to promote how great your product is to the competition in a hurry.

in depth manual would be nice to teach the dynamics tools, some features are very flimsy on techniques and step by step to achieve some decent quality demos

and btw just like my lightwave upgrade 8 was late so is my survey, i didn't get one, cause i would love to give my two cents worth of opinions

Paul

theo
06-18-2004, 06:10 AM
I agree with Signal- as a matter of fact I am a registered user and never received this survey.

If I had- I would have rated LW[8} about an 8/10.

Early surveys can be very useful for developers.

Emmanuel
06-18-2004, 07:06 AM
So You guys actually *paid* for beeing a beta-tester :confused: ?
And this is cool ?

NanoGator
06-18-2004, 09:57 AM
Originally posted by Emmanuel
And this is cool ?

That's true of any software.

Signal to Noise
06-18-2004, 10:00 AM
Originally posted by Emmanuel
And this is cool ?

Actually, I *paid* for LightWave [7.5] and the [8] upgrade (or Beta) is free. And the suggestion of [8] being a Beta run prior to it's official release is purely speculation.

Yes, it is cool. It's cool for the fact the NewTek is paying attention to their customers and once [8] is 'officially' released it will be one extremely solid app/upgrade.