PDA

View Full Version : That pesky USB key

chemaelizondo
06-16-2004, 02:56 PM
On LW8:
Hasn't it happened to you that you beguin working with LW, and after awile when you atempt to save,
you get a message that: Demo version can't save more than 400 polygons!!! And as it pops out to meet your eyes time flows in slo-mo as you realize that you forgot to plug in the USB key!!!

The latest one for me was last night after some mayor editing I had done on a model that Im working on. I had to quit, restart and start editing all over.

LW7.5 used to warn you at the beguining of the session.

Dodgy
06-16-2004, 03:32 PM
There's a plugin available on this forum to do just that, but I can't find it :) Maybe someone else will be able to help you...

handron
06-17-2004, 10:38 AM
Been there just last week and oooo weeee! I got lucky and was able to copy and paste to another lightwave instance that I opened with the key. Then I just had to reassemble.:eek:

Skunk
06-17-2004, 10:59 AM
That's odd. On the Lightwave I have at school, we have, like, 8 of these dongles and when you don't have it in at the beginning, it pops up multiple warning messages so you know you're in DEMO Mode! Maybe because it is through the school? why would that be?

SKUNK