PDA

View Full Version : Pepsi replacing Coke as flagship SoftDrink at Digifreak Studios

blabberlicious
06-16-2004, 02:12 AM
The dispenser was broken, so I had to switch brands.

Am I doing the right thing?

;-)

Karmacop
06-16-2004, 05:08 AM
They are both eating away at your organs and covering your insides with brown goo .. so I'm going to say it doesn't matter :p

retinajoy
06-16-2004, 05:31 AM
I would stick with Coke as the original is best. Plus it cleans and makes your coins more shiny than Pepsi if you leave them in Coke overnight. Good for constipation too; disolves all than roughage. :D

blabberlicious
06-16-2004, 05:52 AM
Yeah - but what about render times?

I heard that 5 cans of Pepsi Max can shave 5 mins off the average render.

Please confirm.

retinajoy
06-16-2004, 06:09 AM
Could be true. Coca Cola has lost that edge since they no longer could use the cocaine ingredient as a CC booster. Plus Pepsi has an extra 8mg of Caffeine to increase those hypertension insomniac render cycles.

Can't test this theory yet myself though. I am still a brain in a jar connected to the internet waiting to be put into my new body by my pal Dr Hfuhruhurr.

noiseboy
06-16-2004, 07:03 AM
Steve, you should get out more, the sun is shining...

blabberlicious
06-16-2004, 07:28 AM
Hey Noiseboy...if you read my (admittedly pointless) post - then I guess you have a wireless connection to the garden?

Just killing time, wondering when we'll see LW8.01 and a PDF manual.

;-)

Karmacop
06-16-2004, 08:32 AM
8.01? It's going to take them awhile to get to 9 if their increments are that small :p

Wade
06-16-2004, 10:10 AM
I have been with Coke since the 6.oz bottle days back then you had to pay a deposit on the bottles and take them back to the store once empty to get your money back or get another round. Now that I think about it I have not seen a glass bottle desepenser in some time now, some thing fun about opening a door and grabing a bottle around the neck and hope the thing would let go of it and give it to you. Oh to have a coke right out of an iced bottle - it would burn your nose as it went down. Alas when the "new" coke hit the market they replace the real cane sugar with some other sweatner and its never been the same. Now what Coke two with 1/2 the carbs? But I will never never go over to the other band!!! ;)

blabberlicious
06-16-2004, 10:19 AM
I heard the could make Pepsi taste JUST Like Coke, but it would involve rebuilding all the factories worldwide and be financially ruinous...

;-)

hrgiger
06-16-2004, 11:15 AM
Coke is the drink of the devil.

A true artist would drink pepsi.

Lightwolf
06-16-2004, 12:18 PM
A true artist doesn't blame his drink!

Now go and create some art (In best policarpo imitated voice).

Cheers,
Mike ;)

TheDevil
06-16-2004, 12:30 PM
Originally posted by hrgiger

A true artist would drink pepsi.

Yes and you lot taste good marinated in it too on my barbecue. Ha Ha Ha Ha Haaaaaaaa!

prospector
06-16-2004, 12:33 PM
Having only had Coke for nigh-on 45 years now, after getting (myown) from a large floor chest filled with ice and water, and having to dig deep into the water to find the bottle, switching to P**s* (I can't even spell that sub-par brand out) is like the ultimate sin,
You need to face Atlanta and ask for forgivness,
You need to make a sign and put it on your front lawn saying "I am truly and deeply sorry for the act of traitorship against the King of sodiepop,
And
You need to remove that inferior brand from your system by having stomach pumped, and blood changed, toung scraped.

I hope you get well soon

jevinstudios
06-16-2004, 12:34 PM
Well done, Blabberlicious!;) Guess I deserved this one....

Kevin Soderlund
Jevin Studios

robewil
06-16-2004, 03:31 PM
YOU ARE ALL WRONG! Dr. Pepper is the drink. It is way more powerful than Coke or Pepsi. After all, one of its ingredients is prune juice.

tokyo drifter
06-16-2004, 03:45 PM
I've created a special workflow: Red Bull for modeling, Mountain Dew for uv mapping, Starbucks for animation, Jolt for rendering, and Bacardi 151 for client management.

Beamtracer
06-16-2004, 04:14 PM
The Coca-Cola company may have removed coccaine from their drinks almost 100 years ago, but down in Peru you can still purchase a cola drink that "packs a punch":

New York Times:
http://www.nytimes.com/2004/06/10/business/worldbusiness/10coca.html?ex=1087531200&en=cfac5cf97d9502d9&ei=5006&partner=ALTAVISTA1

But it should be noted that all soft drinks are extremely unhealthy, and drinking any of them is detrimental to your health.

The carbonation (fizzyness) of soft drink dissolves your bones. The "high fructose corn syrup" used in soft drinks (because it's cheap) could be worse for your internal organs than regular cane sugar. It's also an obesity risk.

The alternative "diet" soft drinks contain the added chemicals aspartame (http://www.spice-of-life.com/columns/aspartam.html), saccharine (http://www.bellaonline.com/articles/art15448.asp) or cyclamates (http://www.foodcomm.org.uk/press_97_cyclams.htm), depending on which country you live in. Click on the chemical names for descriptions of what they do to your body.

Then comes the news (last week) that women who drink one soft drink a day increase their diabetes risk by 85%:
http://news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&u=/ap/20040608/ap_on_he_me/diabetes_soft_drinks_4

Computer geeks are famous for living off the "rocket fuel" of soft drinks. 3D artists also commonly drink lots of soft drinks to keep them going at the job. Maybe you should consider the above health risks before downing your next cola!

Earl
06-16-2004, 04:33 PM
Originally posted by robewil
After all, one of its ingredients is prune juice.

Actually, that is a common misconception. The official Dr. Pepper website plainly states that no prune juice whatsoever is in Dr. Pepper soda. Well, at least they used to have an extensive FAQ which included this information. Sadly, their new website sucks and has no useful information.
Dr. Pepper Website (http://www.drpepper.com/)

But yeah, Dr. Pepper ROCKS.

Beam,
Although much of what you post is true (to an extent), I think the largest obesity risk in the country is just plain laziness. ;) That can be seen by all the Atkins-low-carb followers who want to lose weight without exercising. :rolleyes: Regardless, I can personally attest to the fact that my life is better with suger - regardless of the type. Especially chocolate....

Wade
06-16-2004, 04:40 PM
Earl,

Your avatar reminds me of an old Star Trek episode where the entire crew were dehydrated and turned into something that resembles your avatar. One of the "new" crew members ended his short career on The Enterprise when he crushed was in the protagonist hand! Back when coke was coke.

Wade

Stardate 4657.5: The Enterprise responds to a distress call, finding only a trap set by a small group of aliens from the Andromeda galaxy who are assessing the potential of the Federation's home galaxy for colonization. The aliens successfully take over the ship, reducing all aboard except for Kirk, Spock, McCoy and Scotty to dehydrated cubes so the ship's supply of food and oxygen can be used by the hijackers and Kirk's command crew for the staggering 300-year return to Andromeda. The aliens, having assumed human form, also gain attributes such as emotions, which may be just the weakness Kirk and the others need to attack to regain control of the Enterprise.

tokyo drifter
06-16-2004, 04:41 PM
Thanks for the PSA beam, don't know about that computer geek statistic thou, all the computer geeks I know are more health conscious then that. I drink maybe one soft drink a month, if that, and I almost completely avoid anything with high fructose corn syrup or sugar substitutes.

Librarian
06-16-2004, 05:23 PM
Cola is designed for refreshments of big teams.
Pepsi is better for the one man band.

Earl
06-16-2004, 05:45 PM
Wade,
I never even thought of that. I vaguely remember that episode. I really love the original (and often goofy) Star Treks. I was too young to appreciate them when they first came out (rather, I wasn't around!), but about 5 years ago or so Sci-Fi aired all of them, in order, with special interviews with the cast, and great montages of clips (they had a clip of about a dozen or so of Bones' "Dammit Jim, I'm a doctor not a ____"). My fav was the escalator one, after Jim asked him to help a pregnant woman up a rocky slope!

Dodgy
06-16-2004, 05:47 PM
You're all wrong. Milkshake is the way to go, especially strawberry. Chocolate Milkshake is the work of the devil! Do not follow him!!!

hrgiger
06-16-2004, 05:51 PM
I say up yours to the no soda idea for better health.

Being a fan of technology, I know I'll be able to have any of my internal organs regrown in a lab in the next 20 years anyway. Live a little. Crack open that pepsi (or any death cola of your liking).

That's provided of course that we can keep presidents like Bush out of office whose right to life agenda has put the nix on stem cell research. Incidentally, the Reagans just made a plea to Washington to open up more stem cell research, obviously to help people like Ronald who had Alzheimers. Surprisingly, Washington said no.:rolleyes:

richdj
06-16-2004, 05:56 PM
Originally posted by hrgiger

That explains the horns...

It's got to be coke............:D

Beamtracer
06-16-2004, 06:03 PM
Originally posted by tokyo drifter
I almost completely avoid anything with high fructose corn syrup or sugar substitutes. All the major brands of cola and soft drink contain either high fructose corn syrup or else a chemical sugar substitute. You've been drinking these things but haven't known it.

riki
06-16-2004, 06:30 PM
http://www.islamonline.net/English/News/2003-03/12/article05.shtml

They've even got 3D :D

Arab Cola (http://www.arab-cola.com/)

toby
06-16-2004, 07:43 PM
Originally posted by Earl

I think the largest obesity risk in the country is just plain laziness. ;) That can be seen by all the Atkins-low-carb followers who want to lose weight without exercising. :rolleyes:

I think it's over-eating and what we eat. 3 full meals a day when most people only need 2, and fast food. People want lose weight and still eat as much crap as they want :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

And drink pepsi d*** it!

jevinstudios
06-16-2004, 08:32 PM
Originally posted by Earl
I can personally attest to the fact that my life is better with suger - regardless of the type. Especially chocolate....

No kiddin'!!! Ya know, my first job before I went to college was in a chocolate factory. Still never get tired of the stuff. Used to break off a chunk or pure Belgium bittersweet dark chocolate the size of a soft ball every day and munch on it during my shift......

Kevin

Beamtracer
06-16-2004, 08:43 PM
Let's drink to Mecca
http://www.mecca-cola.com/

policarpo
06-16-2004, 11:35 PM
Coke?
Pepsi?
Red Bull?
Milkshakes?

Come on guys, let's be realistic about this.

These all suck. Sure they're great for awhile...but then they wear off....give me a Venti Chai Latte with Whip Cream any day of the week. :D

Well done Blabber! Well done. Now go make art or get some sleep at least. :p

blabberlicious
06-17-2004, 01:59 AM
Ok, even though at least half the people on this thread know what we a really talking about ;-) , I will chime in with my hot tip for 3D super-fuel:

It's a herb drink popular in Argentina, called Mate (pronounced 'mah-teh').

1. Stick a few spoonfuls s into a cup or gourd (if you have one).
2. Apply boiling water...and drink. . You can suck through a sliver straw if you are really flash.
3. Sip away, regularly refreshing the cup with more hot water.
3. 24 hours later you'll have finished your work for the year, skipped at least 10 meals, forgotten your friends names and ground your teeth into pearly white stumps.

Unbelievably, it's available in most Health Food stores. Back in Buenos Aires, I used to see kids a young as 6 sipping away on this stuff on their school buses. Crazy!

You challenge today:

Which one of these characters (in progress) drinks Coke, and which one drinks Mate.

You decide!

FYI: The Blue one is a 'Pot Noodle' Ninja (in disguise, of course)

:-)

jevinstudios
06-17-2004, 05:49 AM
I drink Mate every day -- was turned on to it by some friends of mine from South America. Have the traditional "drinking tools", and even bring them onsite when I work at a client's (even though some people have asked me if I was toking a bong -- I have to explain what I'm drinking almost every time!). Throw in a slice of lemon, and it's perfect!

(Kewl characters, by the way! Very nice work!)

Flat
06-17-2004, 07:40 AM
You guys are scary.
Oh the horrors you pour on your insides... Brr.

I use Beer.
And wine, rhum, whisky, brandy, porto...
Natural ingredients, and it tastes good too :p

Phil, desperately european ?

sadkkf
06-17-2004, 12:51 PM
I gotta side with the Coke people, but make mine vanilla! I'm hooked on it.

Any product endorsed by Britney Spears or Michael Jackson isn't touching my lips.

When it's not Vanilla Coke, it's Mike's Hard Lime. Oooh, baby! :)

Beamtracer
06-17-2004, 03:29 PM
Originally posted by sadkkf
Michael Jackson isn't touching my lips.

You don't have to put Michael Jackson or Cola drinks to your lips. Read here for alternate uses of cola, other than drinking it.

http://www.wackyuses.com/coke.html

http://a1259.g.akamai.net/f/1259/5586/1d/images.art.com/images/PRODUCTS/large/10099000/10099648.jpg

I hear that Windows PC users are happy with Classic Coke, while Mac users have been switching to Pepsi.

sadkkf
06-17-2004, 08:40 PM
Those are hilarious. Funny thing is, I've tried some of these. I've made glazes for ham and removed rust from a snow shovel.

Coke is like baking power...there are a million and one uses!

Perhaps that's why PC users like it better: it's more functional.

Okay, I'm only kidding...not trying to start a war. :)