PDA

View Full Version : Hey Dan Ablan, any closer release date on Inside LW [8]?

MiniFireDragon
06-15-2004, 09:37 PM
The above speaks for itself.

Signal to Noise
06-16-2004, 12:16 AM
I read somewhere that it's been pushed back to an August release now. Not sure how true that is, tho'.

Has something to do with the book getting aligned to a pending [8] update, Siggraph, and LW's "official release" announcement.
Or Dan is taking a well-deserved break.;)

badllarma
06-16-2004, 12:20 AM
May of been my posting at CGtalk I recieved an email 3 days ago saying the book will be shipping in August (Amazon was the source).

The possible update at Siggraph and offical release was all pure speculation and guess work (no dout totally incorrect) :D

Bytehawk
06-16-2004, 04:12 AM
I presented this fact (the amazon mail) to Dan and he responded that is not true.

his words :

I really don't know what publisher they're talking to. It's not mine.

We're still on track for a release in just a couple of weeks.
The New Riders / Peach Pit site says the same.

Amazon has done this to us with every single book.
They are VERY slow updating their systems. Bottom line, don't believe what they say. Ask me

Thanks~!

MiniFireDragon
06-16-2004, 06:42 AM
Wow, I didn't know there was more then 1 Dan Ablan on this forum! ;)

Thanks for the info though, but still waiting for word more closer to the horse's mouth if not from the horse itself.

WCameron
06-16-2004, 08:32 AM
kinda makes me hesitent about preordering it from amazon - even though the discount price is the best around.....

rock and a hard place i guess.

- Will.

TheDynamo
06-16-2004, 02:05 PM
Heh, I couldn't wait. I wanted to learn as soon as when I got that LW8 CD in the mail. I bought a used copy of Inside LW 7 to tie me over :) The basics sill apply I bet.

-Dyn

lwaddict
06-17-2004, 07:02 AM
You can't go by Amazon's release dates...
they just guessing as to when "they'll" get it,
and I mean guessing.

Take a look at "1001 Tips and Tricks for Lightwave 8",
they're saying it's still not released but it's already
shipping.

omeone
06-17-2004, 07:19 AM
Kurv told me by email that TNT is shipping to people who pre-ordered from the wordware site, and they will have it before amazon or the bookstores, so I guess it's not 'released' yet, but it is shipping. not that Im standing up for amazon etc.

sadkkf
06-17-2004, 12:53 PM
My copy of TNT arrived today. :) Very cool and so worth the money!

jevinstudios
06-17-2004, 01:10 PM
Mine should be arriving soon -- can't wait!!! Also, another book to check out (just ordered it from Amazon today) is: LightWave 8 Killer Tips. (By Ablan, etc.)

The Killer tips books, are, well, Killer!