PDA

View Full Version : AVI Compressors + Movie Mapping

aLBUMZ DVP
06-15-2004, 07:16 PM
Greetings to all The Boys,Girls and Small Furry animals who read this fantastic forum.

As a LW Baby of 1 week ( actually still more of an embryo than baby)

I have 3 technical questions:
;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;; ;
1: What is the best quality AVI compressor to use ( I compose / edit LW animations with other movie assets before finally saving finished movie as MPEG2 for DVD compatibility. ( usually i've found DIVX or HUFFYUV the best in other software )

2: Is it possible to use a movie as a backdrop, spotlight projection or UV Map for motion texturing ( if so what movie file format instead of JPG )

3: Has anyone used a chromakey colour backdrop in any LW animations that can be used to drop in other Video in another Editing program.
;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;

cheers
Glen
http://www.albumzdvp.biz

DMarkwick
06-16-2004, 02:17 PM
I usually save my anims as a sequence of stills, and use another app for assembling them. LW is not the best way to assemble AVIs. It can do it, but the way I would do it in LW is to save as stills first, then import them back as backdrop & render out as AVI, that way you still have your good still renders.

If the sequence is a finished shot I export them as high quality JPGs, at high quality you really can't see any compression at 25 or 30 frames per second, its fine for that. Otherwise if I need to do further work with the sequence (ie to composit it to another film) then I export as 32-bit TIFFs, so that I get integrated alpha channels.