PDA

View Full Version : Help Please....I Suck!!

harlan
06-14-2004, 07:21 PM
Hey All,

I've been scripting out a camera utility which Creates targeted cameras (similar to adding a targeted camera in Maya), but I'd like to automatically attach a custom object to the focal null (ie: add the Depth of Field Display custom object to the focal null).

Is this possble? I've been trying to find techniques in the documentation, but no luck yet.

I'm by no means a programmer, but I'll occasionally script out some rudimentary tools.

thanks for any help.

faulknermano
06-17-2004, 12:51 AM
CommandInput("ApplyServer CustomObjHandler DOFTool");

Weetos
06-17-2004, 03:53 AM
Hey harlan

Great idea ! If you get something that works and if you don't mind sharing it with the community I'd be interested in such a script

Cheers

Weetos

NanoGator
07-16-2004, 06:56 PM
I have a similar problem. I want to load a null object with a pluginn attached to it. Unforunately, from what I've read, it's not possible to muck with some of the settings. So what I've done was I created a template scene with the settings already established and used "Load from Scene" to bring it in.

Not the tidiest of all solutions, but not all that bad either. If you change your template, you don't have to re-code your script.