PDA

View Full Version : loading fonts into LW 8

mabaza
06-14-2004, 07:04 PM
Is there no way to add all installed fonts into Modeler in a single step? I can't imagine the only way is to choose each font and then click OK.

Also, what are the fonts in the PSFonts directory? They are not listed under Control Panel-->Fonts. Are they useable?

Thanks

hrgiger
06-14-2004, 08:24 PM
I was kind of wondering about that myself. I loaded a font the other day and tried to just select a whole font directory and it wouldn't let me. They should change that if that's the case.

John Fornasar
06-14-2004, 09:43 PM
You can use the Save List function on the Manage Fonts dialogue.

MiniFireDragon
06-15-2004, 07:17 AM
To install Fonts into Windows you need to goto Control Panel>Fonts>File>Install New Fonts. You willl presented with the option to move the fonts into the font folder or leave them where they are. Keep in mind that Windows will only allow so many fonts to be installed in the system to be used by windows. You can have millions of fonts not installed in windows and still use them in Lightwave as long as they are placed at the right spot. Or atleast that is how it use to be.

Interesting... the PSFonts directory won't load into windows. Probably because they lack the pfm file....