PDA

View Full Version : OT: Cool Web Page!!

harlan
06-14-2004, 06:06 PM
This is pretty cool. Not really lightwave related, but art related I suppose!

http://tinyurl.com/aqhy

riki
06-14-2004, 06:36 PM
I saw him talk at a conference in Hong Kong about 4 years ago. His main site is here http://www.yugop.com/

hrgiger
06-14-2004, 08:33 PM
It does definately have some cool effects.

It's almost annoyingly interactive though.

pdrake
06-14-2004, 09:50 PM
dude, that totally freaked the dogs out. i guess i had the speakers too loud.

Hervé
06-14-2004, 11:09 PM
I really wonder how the heck he 's oing the ribbon animation follow the mouse////:rolleyes: :confused: :D

Great concepts....

riki
06-15-2004, 12:06 AM
I saw a video of him testing some protoype technology at Sony which was pretty freaky. They were using some kind of Projection device so that he could work in say Photoshop on his desktop. By desktop I mean wooden desktop, and he could drag images from his desktop and drop them onto his laptop screen. It was a bit hard to understand what was going on as his wife was translating into english, but looked impressive.

badllarma
06-15-2004, 12:37 AM
Sound like that uses the same sort of technoligy I've seen here where you stand under a load of sensors with a screen about 10 feet away (its a big screen) With a very basic paint program on it.

As you move your hands you paint onto the screen you point at the pallet to choose the colour then wave your hands around and the image is painted on the screen in front of you in the colour you choose.

I was thinking at the time this would be bloody great in 3D imagine walking around your model clicking points together :D

riki
06-15-2004, 12:45 AM
LOL it'd be great for animating, if you could walk around your character, give him a kick in the butt and say "hey do something!". Might scare the neighbours though :)

badllarma
06-15-2004, 01:16 AM
A real time mocap suit would be the one then just record it and load it into motion mixer.
How much time would that save! No more bones just wired yourself directly into Lightwave :)

omeone
06-15-2004, 02:25 AM
thanks, very cool as an active desktop :D