PDA

View Full Version : image sequence

dazman
06-14-2004, 08:55 AM
hy, how do you import an image sequance as a background animation for key framing, and is therte any wayu to do it without losing quality upon rendering? cheers:D

sadkkf
06-14-2004, 10:50 AM
When you open the image editor to load a picture, it has the option of selecting image or sequence.

As far as not losing quality, be sure to check no AA and all the other options for background images.

Sorry I can't be more specific right now, I've got a render in progress.:)

badllarma
06-15-2004, 01:19 AM
dazman, also make sure your time line in lightwave is setup to be at least as long as the sequence your bringing in, other wise it may create problems.

dazman
06-15-2004, 08:31 AM
thanks but how do i make it as a background so that i can model in relation to it also, cheers:D

badllarma
06-15-2004, 09:29 AM
Well dazman thats a really intresting one as I though you were trying to use it as a back ground in layout to set up an animation against it :) Never heard of it being used in modeler.

Just tried it with and avi though and it works in modeler.

Firstly there is no time line in modeler so my above answer was wrong:D

Right open image editor F6 (ref to Lightwave 8 here)

Click Load and go and find your animation and load it in hopefully if you are using a format Lighwave understands you should now have it in Image Editor in the "Source" tab it should read the following.

Image Type:- Animation
Interlace:- Off

Start Frame :- 0
In (slider bar) :- 0
Out (slider bar) :- [last frame of sequence]

Right Press "d" View Options

Backdrop

Then choose one of the view port windows [TL, TR, BL, BR]
Click on the Image drop down and select your animation.
I usually set the Image Resolution to 1024 set the size to your likeing and your good to go.

Now if you still have Image Editor open if you slide the "In" bar you will see your animation go from frame to frame in the view port windows ready to model over the top of
:D

Strange way of doing things but it works. Usually you just capture a still from your sequence and use those in modeler as your back drop but what the hell do I know :)