PDA

View Full Version : Green Sidebars

ednachman
06-14-2004, 08:34 AM
For some odd reason in the "Camera View" of LW I have two bands of vertical green bars on each side of the screen. If I hide the Tool Bar the bands double in size. Any suggestions in how to get rid of the green bars?

BeeVee
06-14-2004, 09:32 AM
It's the mask to show areas that won't be rendered when you hit F9. You can make them disappear by choosing a render resolution that matches the aspect of your display.

B
PS. It doesn't have to be green, you can change it to blue or black in the display options (d).

ednachman
06-14-2004, 04:08 PM
I changed the color to gray from green. Not the gray of the view but close. I still don't know why the bars appeared.

meatycheesyboy
06-14-2004, 04:50 PM
Originally posted by BeeVee
It's the mask to show areas that won't be rendered when you hit F9. You can make them disappear by choosing a render resolution that matches the aspect of your display.

The reason they appeared is right here in BeeVee's response. Basically, as an example, if you monitor is set to say 1024*768 but you tell LW to render at 1024*500, it will show those bars in the camera view to show you what won't be rendered.

ednachman
06-14-2004, 05:04 PM
Where can I match LW to the monitor?

meatycheesyboy
06-14-2004, 05:25 PM
There is no reason (that I can think of) to try and match LW to the monitor.

The bars aren't a bad thing that you should try to get rid of. They're there to give you reference as to what you final output will look like.

For another example, if you wanted to render something to be viewed on a widescreen television, then Lightwave would show those bars on the top and the bottom of the screen because your monitor isn't widescreen (I assume). It won't render with the black bars, its just there to show you what it'll look like in its widescreen form.