PDA

View Full Version : Interior: Abandonment

aeres
06-14-2004, 08:08 AM
Hi all,
my first post at this forum, and trying to make an impressive entrance :D :p

anyway, the image is entitled "Abandonment", any C&C welcomed ;)

boogyman
06-14-2004, 01:36 PM
well the modelling is prety good
but the shadows... they just don't look good enough... try using shadow maps and play with those light intensities a little more

Arcturus
06-14-2004, 06:41 PM
Looks great! I'd like to see a radiosity render on this, it would add so much.

aeres
06-15-2004, 01:59 AM
Boogyman - I tried shadow maps but i had to set the resolution way high to get correct shadows, thats y i opted for raytracing. As for the light intensities, any suggestions cause I'm not quite satisfied with it either, but I'm not sure what it is that I'm not satisfied with.

Arcturus - I found radiosity hard to control thats why I didn't use it, but I might rerender it with rad someday, when I have the time to wait for long test renders :P

Thanks for the C&C guys ;)

glassefx
06-15-2004, 02:22 PM
Dude, that looks really wicked for trad. lights... Any HDR in there?

(People... Please don't post saying that HDR and Rad. are the same.)

My only two quips are this...

The Rose looks like its been on the Dr. Phil Diet too long and the font you used looks gay. Other than that it looks really great.

You may want to play with the ubiquitous "gradient in a slot" at one or more of spec/gloss/reflect. First time I've seen black-laquer done CG. Pretty cool!

Anyway, I really think its a tight piece.

peace

glassefx
06-15-2004, 02:26 PM
I just noticed something really quite tiny...

Their is a scintilation or moiring pattern occuring in the tile textures which draws attention... Its just that it looks un-natural.

see yah.

aeres
06-16-2004, 09:41 AM
Thanks glassefx. No rad or HDR there, just spotlights, area lights and point lights. As for arcturus's suggestion, I did tried a rad rendering a couple of hours ago, it looks about the same, except the rad one rendered faster :confused: :confused: :confused:

Anyway, I like how it turned out, And I thought the fonts were "classy" :p :p . The moir patterns mentioned are actually Marble procedural on the color channel (admittedly I didn't spend much time tweaking it:o )

Thanks for the comments, you guys rock ;)

glassefx
06-16-2004, 01:21 PM
Well I feel like a butt now!

I know what it is about the font I do not like... The serifs...

lets see the rad.render.

Skunk
06-16-2004, 09:41 PM
I dissagree with glassefx, the font fits the scene in my opinion.

Awesome Modelling. yes!

I like the tile...texture, but in agreence with glassefx, it does take away from the rest of the scene (if you notice it, i didn't)

Overall way cool, and great first post!
SKUNK

glassefx
06-17-2004, 07:53 AM
Been lookin' at the font and others. I think its the black that bugs me. I was thinking I would probably went dark green like the back wall but different or found the right green and then went opposite on the color wheel. Either way its still a tight piece. You should share your surface settings on the black-laquer :)

peace

twister47
06-18-2004, 10:16 AM
Looking really awesome, I really like that piece of paper hanging over the bench. Weird thing to like, I guess... haha

One thing I noticed... whats going on with the reflection on the underside of the piano top, the angled up part. There are weird spots, I'm not sure what those are.

Beside that, nice work!

aeres
06-19-2004, 08:49 AM
Twister - I supposed the spots you meant are actually part of the geometry. I dunno what is exactly the term for these thingy but it is sposed to hold the cover in place and not let it slide or something.

I don't have access to my computer right now, I'll post the settings for the lacquer surface tomorrow or monday. ;)