PDA

View Full Version : screenshot for a PC

tapsnap
06-14-2004, 07:51 AM
Can anyone tell me how to make a screen shot of a UV map. I used to us a Mac and the keyboard shortcut was Apple Shift 4 then drag out the mouse to the size of photo you wanted. I am now using a PC and I cannot find a similar shortcut in the help and support menu. Can anyone help?

Exper
06-14-2004, 08:04 AM
"Alt + Stamp" grabs the selected window! ;)

tapsnap
06-14-2004, 08:54 AM
Alt=Stamp? What's Stamp? That does not appear on my keyboard. It's also not in the help and support. Can you clarify?

jeanphi
06-14-2004, 09:10 AM
it's "print screen" key. Alt+print screen.

tapsnap
06-14-2004, 09:20 AM
Print Screen - I assume that is prt scn on my keyboard. yes I have been pressing that but it does not appear to be active. I installed all the keyboard software but I cant seem to get that button to work. Are the pictures saved on the desktop or elsewhere?

BeeVee
06-14-2004, 09:24 AM
They are in the clipboard. If you paste into a graphics package you'll get the picture.

B

tjacobs
06-14-2004, 09:56 AM
Alt + PrtScn for a copy of the window, Ctrl + PrtScn for the entire screen will put the image into the Window's clipboard. From there you can do a 'edit | paste special' to put the image into OutLook or Word.

hunter
06-14-2004, 03:03 PM
Look for UV imaginator on flay. Great for getting uv's to a file. Or like everyone else said print screen copies to the clipboard and ctrl+n in photoshop will create a new document the exact size as the clipboard and paste crtl+v will give you uvs.

grafikimon
06-14-2004, 04:00 PM
What I do is hit Prt Scrn

in your graphic app hit the new file button. it should automatically be sized to the image on teh clipboard. do a paste then crop to size.

Prt Scrn does not actually save a file.

Paintshop Pro has a screen capture utility built in that would allow you to box select the exact window you want.

UV Imaginator is teh best way of doing it of course.

tapsnap
06-14-2004, 07:09 PM
Thanks for all your help. I am using Aura 2. There is no cropping available in Aura. I don't have a PC version of Photoshop, so I will try Imaginator as you suggested. Thanks.

caesar
06-15-2004, 08:00 AM
Originally posted by jeanphi
it's "print screen" key. Alt+print screen.

Great! I didnīt knew this alt thing!

tudor
06-15-2004, 08:22 AM
I use the included eps exporter.. works great. The only thing that bothers me is that it is in inches.. I want it to be pixels.

dwburman
06-15-2004, 09:58 AM
There is a crop in Aura 2.5 (I'm pretty sure of that). If it doesn't have that you can cut out a brush using the box brush cutting tool (I don't have it in front of me so I can't tell you the exact button names) Save the brush then "load Project" and select the file you just saved. It's a long way of doing things, I know. It sounds like the kind of thing scripting (via george) would handle nicely, but I don't do scripting :/

Double check to make sure you don't have a crop tool... and if you don't check into whether or not you can get Aura 2.5. I can't remember if it was a paid upgrade or not.

Originally posted by tapsnap
Thanks for all your help. I am using Aura 2. There is no cropping available in Aura. I don't have a PC version of Photoshop, so I will try Imaginator as you suggested. Thanks.

Matt
06-15-2004, 12:06 PM
if your package can import EPS files you can export as that too; means you can scale up the artwork to your preferred quality level without loss of quality (until you rasterize it of course!)