PDA

View Full Version : Missing Font

Whicher
06-14-2004, 06:02 AM
Hi there,

I wonder if anyone can help me out here. I've been working at a company which has a new VT3 System. It's been quite unstable and they have just had the computer replaced to try and fix the problem, with a fresh install of VT3.

I have previously done a project on the system which involved a lot of subtitling, and all the titles were created with the font NARKISM (or something similar to that name, I'm remembering from memory).

The problem is, since the new computer with the fresh install has been put in, this font is missing, so I cant edit any of the Subtitle pages, which I desperatly need to do in order to get the project finished! I was wondering if anyone had this font that they could send me, and let me know how to install it, as the standard windows TTF set doesn't seem to be on the list either.

Any help would be grately appreciated!

[email protected]

ted
06-15-2004, 10:29 AM
Do a search on the Internet for "Fonts".
On several occasions we've had to download specific fonts for a client. Usually you can find and download the font and be working within 10-15 minutes.

You should just be able to drop the fonts in the C/Winnt/fonts folder. I have heard that sometimes a re-boot might be needed, but I haven't had to.

mgrusin
06-15-2004, 11:30 AM
If you're not sure how to add fonts to your system, navigate to your fonts folder (or open the Fonts icon in Control Panel). In the fonts window, there will be menu entry: "File / Install New Font...".

This will let you add fonts from anywhere else on your system (such as a download directory), or even from another computer on your network if it is sharing its fonts directory. (I use Windows 2000, but this is probably similar under XP).

-MG.

Whicher
06-15-2004, 05:53 PM
Thanks guys,

managed to fix the problem though. we had an old backup of the system on another hard drive and the offending font was found and installed!