PDA

View Full Version : Setting up layout

badllarma
06-14-2004, 01:55 AM
Ok I want to have some pre detremind setups for Layout and it's window settings. Now I've tried the window config plugin via (I think) the edit tab in layout already but it only seem to like to save the main window only and the Scene editor in it's menu seems to mean the old scene editor.

So here is the question
What WindowShape number relates to the new scene editor??
E.G
here may starting point

H2MW WindowConfigure
Written by Scott Wheeler
c2002 H2MW

WindowShape 1 0 23 1279 699
WindowShape 2 0 178 1054 291
WindowShape 5309 400 257 480 500
WindowShape 7399 24 227 926 400
WindowShape 193609 377 125 772 602

WindowShape 1 is the main layout window which is at the correct size and I assume 2, 5309, 7399, 193609 are references to other windows such as surface editor etc....

Also how you get Layout on loading to load a screen setup at default? Any ideas?

jeanphi
06-14-2004, 04:29 AM
I think you can just delete those lines from your .cfg
LW will start with default values.

badllarma
06-14-2004, 07:25 AM
cheers for the reply but I actually want to use the custom set up rather than Lightwaves default it's just I do not know what WindowShape number relates to which interface pannel.

andy

BeeVee
06-14-2004, 09:22 AM
Just arrange the windows the way you want them, then quit LightWave - I have a Layout window that is wide enough to cover the screen, apart from the Surface Editor and Image Editor, which are always open. In Modeler, I have the same thing, only with the numeric, stats and layers windows always open.

B

badllarma
06-14-2004, 10:20 AM
Right, well deleted all the scripts and started again.
BeeVee that works except the new scene editor will not open on start up so the main window is now set correctly but you just have a big gap where the new scene editor is supposed to be :rolleyes:

BeeVee
06-14-2004, 12:36 PM
Works fine here. Are you using the WindowConfigure tool (in master plug-ins) to arrange your windows as you want them?

B

badllarma
06-15-2004, 12:20 AM
Nope still no luck I was editing the start up size in the LW8.cfg file

Orginally I was using the WindowConfigure tool via
Edit > Window Config
which is the same as
Utilities > Master Plugins > WindowConfigure

Which brings up the Window Configure box BUT if you click on the "SceneEd" tab then "Toggle SceneEd" button you will see the SceneEd tab relates to the OLD scene editor and not the new one.

Basically from what I've worked out is:-

Firstly no one has bothered to change the WindowConfigure tool to work with the new Scene Editor in Lightwave 8 :rolleyes: It's actually the c2002 H2MW by Scott Wheeler and without being updated is only for controling the OLD scene editor.

Secondly Every box in Layout starts with a number

E.G the main window for working in Layout is
WindowShape 1 the rest of the numbers relate to it's placment on the VDU screen E.G WindowShape 1 0 23 1279 699

Sooooooo what I want to know is what is the WindowShape "number" that relates to the new scene editor???

Because once i know that I'll script it into my LW8.cfg file myself. In fact if any of the techy bods from Newtek visit these boards I would not mind the complete reference list for the WindowShape nuimbers :) Then I can really have some fun :D

-------------------------------Additional Info----------------------------

BeeVee you are correct I've just set my page up with the OLD scene editor shut down Layout opened it up again and it works fine there MUST be a problem with it seeing the NEW scene editor my guess is what I have stated above the WindowConfigure tool does NOT see the new Scene editor may be a bug???