PDA

View Full Version : What do we use VT[3] for?

ScorpioProd
06-13-2004, 07:58 PM
Being curious as to the user base represented here...

Jim_C
06-13-2004, 09:35 PM
My check went to Live/and Post with a side note of being NON-Bob/Switching Live purposes but as a simple side chain Down Stream Keyer.

Mostly post tho.

Jean
06-14-2004, 06:28 AM
I tried almost all nle there is, even if ted is far from perfect, it's the best expreience I had. vt3 horsepower blast away all competition, that's why I pushed our "post-prod only company" to get a toaster2 - vt3.

I m now very anguished about the future of this solution.

from what I heard Newtek seems to redirect the VT path to live swithcing :(

please don't forget us !!!
TED needs so much adjustment to be perfect..after that, you can forget about us, post prod users, and work only on live online switching =)

tmon
06-14-2004, 03:14 PM
You tell 'em Jean. The NLE is so close....

Unfortunately, I fear that the tweaks some of us "need" may be difficult to implement, and NewTek faces serious tactical decisions regarding R&D priorities.

We'll see what happens!

pnelson
06-21-2004, 08:07 PM
Jean,

I appreciate your support of VT[3].. It's amazing how many people have totally misunderstood some very simple comments made at NAB about the Short Term Marketing efforts that we are taking and how much is being "read into" that statement.

The funny thing is that I personally own a VT[3] and I have ONLY used it for editing. ;-> During the production of my AVID Xpress video that I released through Class On Demand, I learned to love the power and ease of use found in VT-Edit even more!!

The comments made at NAB were about some of our marketing efforts, not development efforts. We basically said that we are going to focus on getting the VT[3] into many places as a Live Switcher. Once they discover how powerful and easy to use VT-Edit is, they will never look back. NewTeks' Trojan horse. ;->

I will be the first to say that this tactic has had amazing success. Many of you may have heard of the author Max Lucado. He has written many childrens books and is the preacher at Oak Hills Church. (He has even appeard on Larry King Live) I had tried to get the VT[3] in there as an editor and had no luck.. I changed tactics to the Switcher, which there was VERY little competition and easy arranged the demo.. Guess what happend? They are now budgeting for two VT[3] systems, one to be a live switcher and the other for editing.. ;->

The goal we have at NewTek is to deliver powerful and easy to use products that people want to buy! ;-> It's amazing how often people leave out that third item..

Be patient with us and we will continute to revolutionize this industry!

See ya,

Jean
06-22-2004, 03:53 AM
Thx a lot for your message Paul

that's me, going to bad conclusions from a little misunderstanding ;)

My extreme reaction was proportional to the love I have for my VT3 =)

I'm glad to hear that your marketing ideas gives so good results.

I can relax now, lay back on my armchair, smoke one (I m french ;)), and look up to the future of our company with a smile, knowing it will be with the help from newtek's aliens.

have a nice day, mine will be great. =)

pnelson
06-22-2004, 07:50 AM
I've been called worse than Paul! ;)

or maybe I should say.. Don't insult Paul like that! :)

Jean
06-22-2004, 09:17 AM
...I mean Philip of course! I was so sure it was Paul I didn't even take the time to verify, sorry...for Paul of course ;)