PDA

View Full Version : DFX+ Upgrade and new manuals

Jockomo
06-13-2004, 12:37 PM
Sorry if this has been posted before in a clear form, but I still am not sure exactly what to expect. When I ordered this upgrade, I was under the assumption that we would recieve everything that a normal upgrade purchase would, only we would get it in "electronic form".

However some of the things Chuck has posted leaves me scratching my head wondering if this is not the case.

Chuck said: "The tutorial manual is a different set of tutorials, and will not be available in PDF format. Because our agreement with the publisher producing the tutorial manual precludes letting us provide it in electronic form."

So, does that mean that the DFX+ upgraders will now be receiving printed manuals instead of "electronic" upgrades?

Or does this mean that we will not be getting anything else at all unless we pay additional for these printed manuals?

Can someone please tell me exactly what else we will be getting?

grafikimon
06-13-2004, 12:43 PM
from the talk i've read the manuals are extra $100.

you just get the help menu system (that's right no pdf)

the help system is pretty good so don't put it down right off.

The manual and pdf of the manual I assume is coming out eventually. the tutorial guide is not going to be a pdf so you will get it when you purchase paper manuals.

Jockomo
06-13-2004, 01:00 PM
Thanks grafikimon,

Actually I am hoping to get an official answer from someone at newtek on this.

The description of what I purchased says: "Complete Reference in Electronic Form "

ghopper
06-13-2004, 03:48 PM
That's gonna be pretty disappointing if we don't get the manuals / tutorials in PDF format, I wasn't aware of this at all when I purchased the upgrade over a year ago and it looks like this has been decided later down the line.

But I hope this is not the case.

Karmacop
06-13-2004, 11:24 PM
Anything that newtek produces, will be downloadable as a pdf. So if they make one manual we'll get that. If they make a user guide and a reference manual or something we'll get both of them. So no matter what, we're going to end up with a LW8 manual in PDF form.

The only difference between getting the printed books and getting the downloadable books, is that if you get the printed books you also get a tutorial book. This tutorial book has selected tutorials from and already printed book (or a book that will be printed) and as such the publisher of this book has allowed Newtek to only reproduce these sections in printed form, not as a download on the internet.