PDA

View Full Version : Edgebevel for OSX and free.

Pensart
02-11-2003, 05:58 PM
Hi there,

I was surfing the web when i came acros the Http://www.daz3d.com site and looked into their lightwave plugins section. There it was "Edge bevel" but only for intel. So i mailed them and got an instant reply with an attachement of the osx version.

The plugin is the best thing that happened to me since version 7.5. And its very interactive, you can drag with the mouse to bevel or "filled" like some call it and then hold the apple key and klik again for acknowledgment.

Try it out, Its a must have.
The daz3d team really rock!!

:D

luka
02-11-2003, 07:46 PM
I can't seem to find it:(

lord
02-11-2003, 09:23 PM
I was just about to post a question about this, I guess I have to email Daz?

I'd be very interested to hear how others achieve the same result without using edgebevel?

Cheers,

Hawick Inkster

Pensart
02-12-2003, 03:53 AM
Hi Luka,

Try this direct link to their lightwave plugins page, but these are the "intel" versions so u have to mail to them and ask for the osx versions. Good luck.

http://www.daz3d.com/pages/dp/development/developright.html

whattawa
02-12-2003, 12:04 PM
How crazy is this? I come in this morning and I had a bunch of emails asking for our plugins for the OSX. Pretty cool!

Just so all of you know, a while ago (probably half a year) a guy here at DAZ said he knew how to program so we asked him to start in on our wish list. He made Segment Scale and Point Normal Move. Then he started working on making it possible to bevel edges. After realising how valuable he was he was moved on to bigger things and we were left with EdgeBevel not finished. There are some bugs in it. Not major ones, but you won't get symmetry across the Z axis when you use it.

We wouldn't have released the PC version had we known about some of the bugs beforehand. Since they haven't been fixed yet, we don't want to officially release the OSX version. We don't know when it will get fixed but I realize that it is still a pretty useful tool in it's current state, so I have been making it available to the public through me.

Go ahead and keep emailing me if you want EdgeBevel. Follow the link provided by Pensart above to see what other tools we have. My email address is on that page. I can give you the others in OSX version as well.

Pensart
02-12-2003, 03:02 PM
Whattawa, you are THE man!

mbaldwin
02-12-2003, 09:25 PM
Josh and the folks at Daz are an insanely cool group: I use their plugs all the time and can't imagine modelling without them.

thank you!

-m.

whattawa
02-13-2003, 11:03 AM
You guys are great! The people who make decisions here are always thinking of the Mac community. We recognize you can sometimes get left behind. We were a little slow with plugins for OSX but at the time I guess you could say that the PC users were the beta testers. :)

When DAZ|Studio comes out the Mac community will not be left behind!