PDA

View Full Version : What needs to be fixed first?

Exception
06-13-2004, 08:35 AM
Hellow fellow forum members.

LW8 has reached most of us by now in its pre-release state. We all have detected one problem or other, but we must realise that LW [8] is not officially out yet and that there have been acknowledgements from Newtek that there will be some fixes at the time when LW [8] oficially ships.

In any case, it is hard to get a general consensus about where lw [8] can be improved in its current state. I dont mean adding features, I mean things that do not work like they are supposed to or things that work differently from lw 7.5 that you think makes it less usefull than 7.5.
I have posted what I have perceived as the most common problems on the forum in the poll.

Exception
06-20-2004, 01:28 PM
If anyone has any suggestions... I read that morphmixer is causing some problems... should that be in?

norvman
06-20-2004, 05:15 PM
I would like to add that I am very dissapointed in the online Help....

the old 7.5 pdf was great because it's search feature was liked to every word in the pdf.... the new html help while one level seems better... the seach feature absolutely sucks in my opinion... I can't find anything with it....

in the old pdf style you typed in a word in the search and the search took you to the exact posision of the word in the manual... but this search feature they have in the new html help manual doesn't apparently even get you on the right page ... much less the exact letter....

It's like not having a manual at all and with everyone in the Lightwave community constantly harping on Read the Manual Read the Manual ... this is quick developoing into a Catch 22 type situation ......

Anyway too me this is the most serious fix that needs to be adressed by newtek....

Sorry for the vent if that is what it sounds like...

I'm just really concerned that people will choose not to use this wonderfull software if they can't even get to the information on how to use it...

Anyway ... my .02$

:confused:

Signal to Noise
06-20-2004, 10:12 PM
It should be all the stuff that's been "broke" since ver. [7.5]. Namely Cycler, issues with the Scene Editor, the new Dope Sheet, etc.

hunter
06-21-2004, 12:57 PM
Absolutley. The scene editor is useless without functioning selection sets.

robewil
06-21-2004, 01:48 PM
Originally posted by norvman
I would like to add that I am very dissapointed in the online Help....

the old 7.5 pdf was great because it's search feature was liked to every word in the pdf.... the new html help while one level seems better... the seach feature absolutely sucks in my opinion... I can't find anything with it.... Keep in mind that the pdf manual was just that, a manual. The Lightwave 8 manuals have not been released yet. Presumably, they will have the same search ability when they become available.

G3D
06-21-2004, 03:18 PM
...Digital Confusion should be fixed. They even included a demo scene in the content CDs that shipped with the LW[8] prerelease that results in artifacts in the render, making it unusable.

norvman
06-21-2004, 03:28 PM
Keep in mind that the pdf manual was just that, a manual. The Lightwave 8 manuals have not been released yet. Presumably, they will have the same search ability when they become available.

Really!?!?!

Okay!!! ... well I'm Happy!!!....

Ha!!!

thanks for info...!

:D :D :D