PDA

View Full Version : Combustion 2 and Combustion 3 now support RTV!

kirkmorger
06-13-2004, 01:23 AM
If you use Combustion 2 or Combustion 3, you can now work directly with RTVs. Bellow, please find a 23KB zip which includes the plug-in (rtv.ifm) and the read me (rtv.txt). Place the rtv.ifm file in your plug-ins directory off of Combustion.

The same plug-in now works for either version.

http://www.dakotacom.net/~kmorger/RtvForCombustion.zip

You can install this on any machine that has Combustion. (Just in case you don't want to tie up your Toaster).

All known bugs have been squished, and it now has great performance on all RTVs (substantially better support than Discreet gives you for it's natively supported formats!). It even has decent load times under VMWare. (Gotzta love VMWare!!!)

Enjoy!

Bobt
06-14-2004, 05:14 AM
Kirk you da man
bob

kirkmorger
06-16-2004, 01:52 PM
There where two bugs... :(

Please download the following:

RtvForCombustion.zip (http://www.dakotacom.net/~kmorger/RtvForCombustion_003.zip)

GAP Media had found two bugs in the RTV for Combustion plug-in. They are now fixed.

* Fixed saving RTV's w/o Alpha. 486 and 576 line RTV's w/o Alpha
were not being saved correctly.
* Fixed SEH on loading corrupted files.

Thanks go to GAP Media for finding these and providing the debug logs. It is very
much appreciated!

I apologize for the inconvenience.

eon5
06-16-2004, 07:41 PM
OH GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOD !!

TKNX MAN !!!

YOUR LABOUR IS AMAAAAAAAAAAAAAAZING !!!!!!!

/edit
PAL VT3 here.
rtv load works fine

but... i cant render any .avi or .rtv files

any help is welcome !

kirkmorger
06-18-2004, 04:28 PM
When you edit a message, it doesn't show up on the main list as something to be read.

You mention you can't render AVI's and RTVs...

Do you have your opperator set? (so that it has a source to render from? Right click on left pane of render pannel, choose Add Opperator, choose a clip).

Assuming you have everything setup, could you describe what happens when you try to render an AVI or RTV?

eon5
06-22-2004, 08:43 AM
EverYthing works fine... was my failure, sorry

i push Network render...

today i render a clip using newtek driver and is cooooooooooooooll !!

THANKS !

kirkmorger
06-22-2004, 06:14 PM
Great to hear everything's working!

If you have any issues, e-mail me or post.

mgrusin
06-22-2004, 10:43 PM
As long as you're at it... how about an .RTV reader/writer for Quicktime? :D

-MG.

kirkmorger
02-18-2005, 04:33 PM
I have changed ISPs, so I attatched file here. Sorry for the inconvience...

eon5
02-19-2005, 06:49 PM
Ty man... really tks !

/off topic
any news about Avid plugin for VT4 ?
http://vbulletin.newtek.com/showthread.php?t=28125

regards :)

kirkmorger
02-21-2005, 11:02 AM
I got my first XP machine last week. I put the demo version of Avid on there, but haven't had a chance to install (been rather busy). I'll try to get to it soon.

eon5
02-21-2005, 11:09 AM
:cool: COOL ! :cool:

eon5
05-02-2005, 07:47 AM
any news about Avid plugin for VT4 ?

kirkmorger
05-02-2005, 11:26 AM
I've tried their demo on 3 XP machines (2 XP Home and 1 XP Pro). I was unable to get it to function for more than a couple minutes on any of them, not even long enough to load a clip. It definitely hates my video cards, but all three were different brands (nVidia, ATI, and Intel imbedded). One was SP1, the other two were SP2. One of them was a new machine with no other software installed on it yet. They all crashed in different ways, but all were when it would bring up various dialog windows. Only one actually had a VT installed in it.

I can only assume that their retail software actually works. But... I honestly don't see what anyone sees in that software. :mad: