PDA

View Full Version : change wireframe color

zecryan
06-12-2004, 09:24 PM
is it possible to change wireframe color, and if yes how please?

zecryan
06-12-2004, 09:44 PM
i even goto the sketch color and change that and nothing happens, i tried with all polys select and with none, and with some and then after i change the sketch color i made a new object but nothing changed it was still gray and i check the sketch color it is was blue, which it what i set it to

meatycheesyboy
06-12-2004, 10:01 PM
Unfortunately, you have to shut down and restart modeler to see the changes in sketch color.

zecryan
06-12-2004, 10:20 PM
ok i change the sketch color then click file and quit, then i open up make a box and the gray sketch color comes on as defualt i guess. is there a file the i can change or something like that?

zecryan
06-12-2004, 10:40 PM
i know this is not going to change anything but i am using 8.0.

Vincent Brumbac
06-12-2004, 10:51 PM
Detail Tab/Sketch Color

Cheers,

Vincent D. Brumback

zecryan
06-12-2004, 10:54 PM
um.... Did you read all my replys becuase i tried detail tab\sketch color and well it did not work.

thekho
06-12-2004, 11:51 PM
Have you change the smooth shade to wireframe or wireframe shade or textured wire from rendering styles pop-up menu?

hrgiger
06-13-2004, 01:31 AM
Hmm, I've never had a problem, nor have I ever had to shut down modeler to see the changes. In fact, I just went through and changed my wire to every color on the list.

I would contact Newtek if you can't figure it out soon.

toby
06-13-2004, 02:13 AM
Sounds like you want to change the default sketch color, it's in Display properties, first tab.

meatycheesyboy
06-13-2004, 02:50 AM
Originally posted by hrgiger
Hmm, I've never had a problem, nor have I ever had to shut down modeler to see the changes. In fact, I just went through and changed my wire to every color on the list.

I would contact Newtek if you can't figure it out soon.

Darn, really.... I have to restart modeler. Oh well, at least it works.

Kvaalen
06-13-2004, 03:32 AM
Originally posted by meatycheesyboy
Darn, really.... I have to restart modeler. Oh well, at least it works.

Are you sure about this? That doesn't make much sens. I don't have to restart either. :confused:

Lightwolf
06-13-2004, 03:53 AM
No, you don't have to restart Modeler, this is how the scetch colour works:
If you create new geometry, it will use the sketch colour that is set at default at the time of creation.
If you change it using the menu item, it will change the sketch colour of the selected geometry.
If you change the default, it will affect all new geometry created after you change the default.
Works here like a charm.

Cheers,
Mike

Kvaalen
06-13-2004, 04:35 AM
Originally posted by Lightwolf
No, you don't have to restart Modeler, this is how the scetch colour works:
If you create new geometry, it will use the sketch colour that is set at default at the time of creation.
If you change it using the menu item, it will change the sketch colour of the selected geometry.
If you change the default, it will affect all new geometry created after you change the default.
Works here like a charm.

Cheers,
Mike

And don't forget the info panel ('i'). It can be helpful too for coloring the wireframes sometimes.

Aquaman
06-13-2004, 06:59 AM
I havenít had to restart modeler either to change my wireframe color. I just select what parts of my mesh I want colored different and change the sketch color to my liking and it updates immediately.

meatycheesyboy
06-13-2004, 11:51 AM
Thanks, Lightwolf, I didn't realize that different geometry could have different sketch colors, I thought it was a global change.

I was creating a box, changing the color of the default sketch, seeing no change immediately, restarting modeler, creating a box, then seeing the change, I never created new geometry after I changed the sketch color so I though a restart was necessary.

Good to know, thanks.

Vincent Brumbac
06-13-2004, 12:05 PM
Dude,

You did not say you used the detail tab/sketch color button. Sounds like you are trying to use the display options panel. Try it. You'll like it.

Vincent D. Brumback

zecryan
06-13-2004, 12:29 PM
i just relised that i hwas in wireframe mode, and then looking at the this i say a wireframe color mode, turned to wireframe color and BINGO, it works. I did not relize that there was a wireframe color mode, it that new to Lightwave 8?

grafikimon
06-13-2004, 12:45 PM
no it is there in 7.5 as well. The textured wireframe is new along with the hidden line view.

Elmar Moelzer
06-15-2004, 07:43 PM
Yeah, the color Wireframe is there because it is a tiny bit slower than the normale white wireframe, since the Wires have to be sorted in colored wireframe to make sure that Wires that are behind others are also drawn like this. It does not matter if all Wires are just one color like in the normal Wireframe- mode, since you wont see them overlap.
I can understand, that the way the Sketchcolor works is a bit cofusing, but it was a kind of a tradeof between functionality (each polygon can have a different color) and ease of use.
CU
Elmar