PDA

View Full Version : e-mail when render has completed?

Jack Tinsley
06-12-2004, 03:05 PM
I start renders at work to grind out 600 + frames over the weekend. Does anyone know of a script or a program that will e-mail you when the render has completed successfully? It would also be nice to find out how many frames rendered and what time it completed.

Thanks for the help.

John Fornasar
06-13-2004, 10:01 AM
Check Flay for LWSN Auto, it had an option to send an email at the end of rendering (it was good for "weekend renders", you can select several scenes, and the frames you want to render). Only problem is that it won't work in LW8, it's hard wired to look for the LW3.cfg, LWext3.cfg, etc. I'm not sure if he did an update.

John Fornasar
06-13-2004, 10:07 AM
Just checked dstorms site, it is updated...

http://www.dstorm.co.jp/dslib/

they have a version for win and mac...

Jack Tinsley
06-13-2004, 12:06 PM
I tried the controler it it would read the new scenes I created in LW8. It would however see the scenes created in 7.5. Has anyone used LWSN Controler on OS10.3.4 with LW8.

It did send me an e-mail but didn't render the scene.

Thanks for the help...

John Fornasar
06-14-2004, 04:55 PM
There seems to be a few problems with the LW8 version...
it's rendering for me, but outputting images as *.flx, no matter what is selected in my render setup.

On my machine, it is attempting to send out an email. It opens the email app, puts the render completion information in, but can not address it (this might be due to security settings in Win2000, I'll have to check it out).

I'm going to try and contact dstorm.

Any Japanese speaking LW'ers here that can get in touch with them?

John Fornasar
06-15-2004, 05:56 PM
Jack

I spoke to Harue, he made some changes and sent me a fix to test. It worked fine... full render selections, works with your configs in any directory, etc.

There is a major time difference between NY and Japan, he sent them at 4:30 EST, I just tested and replied to him, so there might be a delay until they are posted on the dstorm site.

For the others looking in on this thread, LWSN Controller is an easy way to use ScreamerNet on a single machine.

So what good is it?

You can select multiple scenes to render, and specify a particular frame, or sequence of frames to render.
You can also change the render format without loading the scene.

This works (using screamernet) without Layout running in the background, so you conserve a bit of memory.

John

Jack Tinsley
06-15-2004, 08:17 PM
That is great, I look forward to testing this on my next project.

Just what I was looking for.

Thanks
Jack