PDA

View Full Version : After Effects vs BorisFX

nelsonm
06-12-2004, 09:15 AM
Hello all,

I tried searching for the answer to the question...

how does After Effects compare to BorisFX?

Anyone?

bloontz
06-12-2004, 09:38 AM
Boris FX is a set of effects filters/transitions for use within an NLE, whereas AE is a motion graphics/compositing app. The same company makes a similar set of plugs for AE called Continuum Complete. They are really good quality effects in either case and also offer some advanced compositing.

rclarkecva
06-29-2004, 04:18 PM
Well- AE works really nice with VT3- where as you need Razor or to Run Boris RED within AE.
So I would say that to use Boris with VT3- you need to be using AE.
Or Speed Razor.
Learning AE is always going to be helpful.
Learning Boris is always a good thing if you use other editing packages that you need Boris for like FCP or Avid.
AE will get you work and effects and good compositing no matter what.
I would venture into AE and add Boris as needed.
RC:D

eon5
06-30-2004, 02:03 PM
i understand that nelsonm is talking about BORIS RED 3GL. Its works like plugin or standalone !

Boris Red integrates advanced 2D and 3D compositing, industry-leading software DVE technology, robust 3D creation and animation, native vector titling, motion tracking, vector paint, rotoscoping, and Adobe Illustrator file animation and extrusion and more, all in a single plug-in application.

Learn more (http://www.borisfx.com/products/RED/index_3gl.php)

Boris Red have After Effects Plug-in Support, 2D and 3D compositing, unlimited audio tracks...

BR > AE :D

madoka
07-08-2004, 05:26 AM
Hello,

Did you check Mirage?

With this software you can make anything you can make with AE or Boris but easier and faster. You can apply particles, lights, chroma key, color correction, blur, etc on an infinte layer 32 bits enviroment and also you have fantastic painting tools.

About learning curve, Bauhaus has made a series of tutorials that you can download from their web page and that help a lot to learn how to use it.