PDA

View Full Version : afew things

KillMe
03-26-2003, 05:04 PM
ok how about the ability to turn ona little hm gizmo type thing liek in layout for moving and rotating stuff

was playing with maya and for modeling in perspective view its very useful

the way i see it working is you can turn it on and off from a button somewhere on interface like symetry

when its on you can use it to contrain to an axis less hit and miss than jsut using ctrl button but when its switched off reverts tow orking liek it does at the moment

obviously multiple undos in layout would be very nice too

edge weighting and tools

sub devision surfaces to work on more than 4 sided polys so you can cut polys in sub mode

hmmmmmm when in sub d mode shouldn't be able to select the actual points positions just the apparent position of the points

that stuff would amke me happy

Mylenium
03-27-2003, 12:12 AM
Just for that gizmo thingy: It would only make sense if Modeler would finally be able to distinguish between local, world, and parent coordinates just like in Layout (especially for rotations). Still I do not like gizmos for normal transformation operations that much. I didn't like them when they where new to Maya (the old PA style using different mouse buttons was so niiicce) but have gotten/ had to get used to it. As for you other requests - that has been discussed often enough.

Mylenium

DaveW
03-27-2003, 12:13 AM
ok how about the ability to turn ona little hm gizmo type thing liek in layout for moving and rotating stuff

Rove tool, been there for a long time now.

hmmmmmm when in sub d mode shouldn't be able to select the actual points positions just the apparent position of the points

That would be very nice, as long as you can turn it on or off.

Matt
03-27-2003, 02:29 AM
changing your 'action centre' in modeller switches origins (down
at the bottom, to the rigth of the symmetry button)

but I agree, moving / rotation should be made a little tighter

KillMe
03-27-2003, 04:39 AM
yeah i know about the rove tool but frankly its not very good and it destroys a nice work flow

you shouldn't have to activate and deactive it when you want to make a new selection, the axis should eb more clearly defined etc etc etc

as for not liking the gizmo thing constraining to an axis with a certain key press would be cool too but i liek teh gizmo too so

like i said the ability to turn if off would be nice too so you can go back to normal since they are abit annoying at times but aslong as you just get one for the selection not one for every point or poly etc is workable with specially if you want to model soley in perpective view without touching teh keyboard much would make tweaking aay till your hearts content much easier

not sure what you trying to get at with teh action centers - they very usefult obe able to change it but that not really muchto do with contraining things to certain axis's

as for some of the stuff being asked for before i know jsut liek to keep reminding newtek though =)