PDA

View Full Version : Renaming a character, and all their scenes, motions, channels, and etc.

Tom Wood
06-11-2004, 09:07 PM
Hi All,

I've set up a lot of scenes and motions for a particular character that I now want to rename. :rolleyes:

Is there a fast easy way to do this, or do I have to do it manually? This character has about 40 scenes, each of which are controlled by Motion Mixer, which in turn controls about 20 motions per scene. Is there a global way to say: Replace all 'O' with 'I' where referenced? For example:

Orion.lwo

is now

Ian.lwo

and O1.lws

is now

I1.lws

I also have sequentially numbered files for WAVelab, Mirage and Magpie. Yuch, this might get messy...

TW

Dodgy
06-12-2004, 09:45 AM
You could use a search an replace function in say Word on the scene file as it's only a text document. However this only really works if you have a longer name as it might get confused with just O and I (I imagine they occur elsewhere in the scene file!)

I usually have a two letter prefix with an underscore for this very purpose (like LW_character), so I can do search and replacements easily.

Otherwise you could use the Spreadsheet (old version if you're using LW 8, the new one doesn't have that function yet!) to rename objects and bones etc, but I don't know if that'll cover everything you want to rename (like stuff in motion mixer).