PDA

View Full Version : Photoshop Texturing?

lots
06-11-2004, 02:06 AM
I'm just curious if anyone knows of any good sites that talk about texturing in photoshop, i mean like the methods and tools that one would use to say create some grimy looking hull plating or something.. I need to improve some of my texturing skills :) this really has nothing to do with lightwave other than im using it to uv map a project of mine So if anyone's got any good suggestions on resources .. websites/books i'd appreciate it :)

starbase1
06-11-2004, 06:09 AM
The standard work in this regard is Ron Thornton's videos on texturing spacecraft. A bit old now, but you might find a copy.

Also worth knowing that IFW2 shaders have some superb plating options, at a very reasonable price. Grime, rivets, irregular plates, you name it.

Nick

lots
06-13-2004, 12:55 AM
cool thanks ill look into it

toby
06-13-2004, 02:17 AM
copy this:

lightwave tutorials texturing

and paste it into a google search... I just tired it, tons o' stuff

lots
06-13-2004, 10:52 AM
Well its not the lightwave end I have trouble with :) I agree there are tons of sites found thru google that give you tons of information about applying textures in lightwave, and the various methods to get things done. However I more or less am pretty bad at painting textures.. more of a Photoshop question I suppose. All i was looking for were a few good spots to start from to.. improve my abilities :) I was just searching google looking for some decent info on using photoshop to paint textures. And wasnt coming up with anything very useful, hence i posted here :)

anyway i'll continue looking around google to see if i find anything

toby
06-13-2004, 04:05 PM
Almost all the texturing tutorials involve Photoshop!

http://members.shaw.ca/lightwavetutorials/texturing.htm

Half a dozen PShop links there