PDA

View Full Version : Surface/Texture size

Neural Riptide
03-26-2003, 02:29 PM
I'm currently using 6.5b.

Is there a way to scale the size of a surface/texture (all channels at once)?
Or is the only method of doing so to go in and change each setting individually?

hrgiger
03-26-2003, 04:02 PM
You can select additional surfaces by shift clicking on them. Any changes you make to the surface editor while multiple surfaces are selected will be applied to all of them. If you just want to apply the same texture to multiple objects, just double click on the preview window in the surface editor. This will move your surface into the preset window. Now just go to presets, select all the surfaces you want to apply it to, and double click the preset to apply.

hrgiger
03-26-2003, 04:04 PM
Of course you would know this if you read those manuals that are sitting on top of your computer.

Neural Riptide
03-26-2003, 04:31 PM
I do know that stuff. :)

I guess I didn't word it right.

If you have selected Default as the surface you want to modify, and you have a bump map/texture map/and specular map with size settings between 100mm and 500mm so that they look good on a 1meter object. How do you scale those sizes so that they look right when you apply them to a new object that is 100meters in size?
Do you have to go through on all the procedurals/images/gradients and change ALL the settings individually to scale them up to the new size?

chilledaqua
03-26-2003, 09:30 PM
I don't think there is a way to automatically compensate for a larger object when you tweaked it for the smaller one. you have to either use the autoscale if that's good enough which it isn't, or just go through each one and manually change them... myltiply the number by two if you're going up twice the size or whatever you want to do. If it's just one object or a bunch of objects that are 100mm, it shouldn't take all that long.

hrgiger
03-26-2003, 09:41 PM
For me, it would just be a matter of opening up viper and scaling the textures until they looked right again. I'm sure there's an easier way but whatever works for you. I usually autosize them and go from there.

Samba
03-27-2003, 01:30 PM
On each procedural you have, select the same null as "Reference Object". So if your texture fits for a 1 meter sized object, paste it on the 10 meters object and then multiply the null size by ten.
This worked on one of my scenes...:)