PDA

View Full Version : Skytracer2 - sun not visible

kassius
06-10-2004, 11:33 PM
At the moment i'm trying to animate the sun + clouds and i was basing it this tutorial http://www.blochi.com/gfx/sunrise_en.html
and firstly i stumbled across the problem that i can't see the sun and its parent is a Null and it is visible in camera view..
blochi uses skytracer1 so maybe there is a problem right there?

starbase1
06-11-2004, 06:06 AM
A couple of possibilities...

1. I have seen vector blur mess up things like this, if its on try turning it off.

2. Are you sure that the sun light is pointing the correct way? What I mean is that unless the light is pointing directly at the camera, the Sun should not appear to be in that position.

Consider a distant light situated in front of the camera pointing straight down. Even though you can see the light in front of you, the sun should actually be overhead.

Nick

kassius
06-11-2004, 10:26 PM
Thanks for your help! You were right about the light not facing the camera.

Now the only problem i'm facing is that the light is supposed to be following an arc which pans from the left to the right of the screen. In the layout it does but when rendering the sun only arcs slightly and it appears in the middle of the view and arcs there - and does not pan from left of the view to right as in the layout view...??

not sure whats going on there..