PDA

View Full Version : Adding logos as filled box fills

creach
03-26-2003, 03:23 PM
Okay. So far, it seems like ToasterCG doesn't like tgas and tifs, as filled box fills. So, I am now *trying* to save logos *with alpha* (in Photoshop 5) as pngs, but it really seems to alter the colors.

What am I missing?

When I try to "save as png," Pshop wants to know: Adam7 or None for interlace. I leave the default active: none.
And it wants to know what filter: none, sub, up, average, paeth, or adaptive. Again, I go with default: none.

That results in a considerable change in image brightness/contrast, and (I *perceive*) slight hue and saturation change.

So, my question is: What is the best format to "feed" ToasterCG as a box fill? Or if it is PNG, what should my "save as" options be set at?

TIA,
Dan

creach
03-26-2003, 03:32 PM
Okay, so I was *obviously* missing something.

ToasterCG DOES like tgas...especially if you save them as 32 bit tgas.

But I AM still curious about the png-color-change thing, if anyone knows.

Humbly yours
Dan

PIZAZZ
03-30-2003, 12:17 PM
Possibly a photoshop thing.

Have you tried the latest version of Photoshop to see if it does the same thing?

SBowie
03-30-2003, 12:44 PM
Seems to me I recall there being some known PNG issues.

creach
03-30-2003, 11:34 PM
Pizazz: (is that pronounced "pizzas?"<grin>)
No: budgetary constraints have put the brakes on a Photoshop upgrade. On the positive side, I'm delighted as hell the budget *did* allow a *new* Toaster!
Another thread in this forum has made me wonder if I should be making pngs with Aura...any thoughts on that?

Dan

Kurt_Henning
04-01-2003, 10:11 PM
Here is my .02

I dig png.

the png out of the toaster CG is grand

Pngs out of Photoshop 7 are also great ie alpha intact

Additionally, if you need to use web files, png are a great bang for the buck.