PDA

View Full Version : No display in 3D views, nvidia card, opengl problem???

ThEo.GFX
03-26-2003, 03:14 PM
Hi! Last week I was running lightwave perfectly. I updated some drivers on my system like DirectX 9, DirectX 9 SDK and I tried to install the latest NVIDIA drivers which failed to install. The card wasn't recognized, who'll know why. I get the old ones back and the card was recognized as normal. But when I tried to run lightwave, the app launched smoothly, but there was a big display problem: I WASN'T ABLE TO SEE ANY OF THE 3D views...I got the menus and so on...but nothing visible in the 3D views. I got the same problem with blender which crashed instead of showing me something. I supposed it was the drivers. I desintalled the NVIDIA drivers and run lightwave with the native windows ones...IT RAN!

So my question is...what could it be? Is there any conflict between the lastest nvidia driver and directx9? and why if it is so, would it interfere with lightwave, isn't lightwave supposed to run in opengl mode??? BTW, when I launch a game, either in OpenGL mode or in Direct3D mode, it runs without a single problem, so why would lightwave drove me mad about it?!?!?!

Regards,
ThEo.GFX

Aegis
03-28-2003, 03:19 AM
It's almost certainly a driver problem - maybe there's still bits of the failed install on there. Uninstall your current nVidia drivers from Add/Remove Programs and run "Detonator Destroyer" available from guru3d.com here (http://download.guru3d.com/pafiledb.php?action=file&id=202) then try installing the drivers again (43.45 is the current release from nVidia). AFAIK there's no conflicts between the 4x.xx drivers and DirectX 9 (which they were built to support).