PDA

View Full Version : New "object not found" behaviour : replace all items

SplittingPixels
06-10-2004, 08:18 AM
One of the things that's always seemd a little inefficient... ;) Say you have a scene with 10 clones of a particular object. If the object file name changes for some reason, you must manually choose to replace each and every object/layer from that .lwo with a file requester. God forbid that you have 100 clones or more in a scene. ;)

Now, I know that a scene file is only a text file, and that we can open it up in a text editor and do a search-and-replace on the filename but we shouldn't have to. A better solution would be to add an "All From Current" button to the Yes/Cancel/No options on LW's current "File Not Found" panel.

That would be a real time-saver. ;)

Panikos
06-10-2004, 08:29 AM
During 100 working days, how often does this may happen, to justify developing such feature ?

Since there is a workaround via a text-editor, I prefer Newtek to work on more importants needs than having a built-in search-replace text editor feature.

;)

Matt
06-10-2004, 08:36 AM
I agree with splittingpixels, all we need it an extra button saying 'replace all' (and even an 'ignore all' too) wouldn't take mountains of code to do.

Panikos - happens a lot I would imagine!

Panikos
06-10-2004, 09:32 AM
Oky, I surrender :cool:

SplittingPixels
07-12-2004, 06:31 AM
Another panel which would really benefit from a "No to All" feature would be the one that pops up for missing surface-shader plugins.

For example, if an item has 80 shaded surfaces, you have to click through *160* panels to acknowledge the problem each time, and to tell LW that you don't want to load the plugin from disc each time... :)