PDA

View Full Version : we want a morph mixer that is actually working ...

BlindFish
06-10-2004, 07:22 AM
There is some serious problem with the new morph mixer plugin.
When you load item from scene the morph list in the morph mixer panel is empty.
It also happens when you just load an object.
Removing and then adding the morph mixer plugin doesn't correct anything at all
Does somebody know a workaround or something to make it work ?
This is a very important feature that need to be corrected fast.

Chris S. (Fez)
06-10-2004, 07:04 PM
Morphmixer in 8 is flaky. I moved back to 7.5.

evenflcw
06-11-2004, 12:23 AM
:(

And I was looking forward to working with it. The way you can delete keys directly is really nice.

Something else they should fix is if you use Save Endomorph, the new morph currently doesn't appear in the MorphMixer. You have to start a new session of Morphmixer if you want the new morph included. A button within the MorphMixer to create new morphs would be good too.

BlindFish
06-12-2004, 02:49 PM
It's mean lw8 for char animation is useless.
And that's sad cause this upgrade was suppose to have finely good animation tools .... :mad:

Kvaalen
06-12-2004, 04:41 PM
Originally posted by BlindFish
It's mean lw8 for char animation is useless.
And that's sad cause this upgrade was suppose to have finely good animation tools .... :mad:

I see what you are saying... but i must admit that animating is easier with [8] than what it used to be though it still needs a bit more work. But it's in the right direction. Let's just hope NT does it right. :)

pblacklock
06-12-2004, 05:31 PM
hey guys,

that happen to me too this week, and after playing around with it, i found that if you morph an object and leave in any layer than the first then the morph mixer doesn't see it in layout.

i just put my object with the morph in the first layer and move the rest to the other layers and it works fine.

hope it helps any one of you. cause you will love the new morph mixer.

Paul

Chris S. (Fez)
06-13-2004, 04:04 AM
Paul, I am not quite sure what you mean. Could you please explain farther? I would like to continue working with 8 but this is a showstopper!

BlindFish
06-14-2004, 02:46 AM
thx paul, this trick works.
So it's only the first lyaer of an object that can be "morpheable" hmmmm

pblacklock
06-14-2004, 06:39 AM
sorry chris,

busy weekend.

that's correct if you put the object that you want to morph in the first layer and put the rest of your objects that don't move for the scene in the rest of yours layers then it will work.

i,e., a cup with a moving lid
the lid would go in the first layer and the cup would go in the secong layer.

another thing is to save your object after your apply your morphs if you plan to send it to layout at the same time. if you don't be prepare to lose morphs information with your current objects.

What i do now is start in modeler then send object in layout instead of starting in layout and going into modeler.

hope this helps,
Paul

Chris S. (Fez)
06-14-2004, 10:40 PM
Paul,

Thank you so much! Works great!

Robi
06-17-2004, 05:57 PM
If you delete a Endomorph in Modeler you have to relaod the scene in Layout. :mad:

I am hoping for the final version of LW8.

pixelinfected
06-24-2004, 09:40 AM
and not work well with other displacement plugin.
i try to use with inertia, and i found that inertia delete completely the morph mixer effect...
Naturally i try to swap the plugin order, but nothing.

Karmacop
06-25-2004, 12:38 AM
I think the inertia plugin deletes any other deformation. Very sad really.