PDA

View Full Version : Motion Designer on specific area

untipocualquier
03-26-2003, 12:49 PM
I have been working with the MD for a time and begin to have some acceptable result. The problem appears when desire to apply the MD to a single texture of character.
MD takes all the textures from the object to make calculate (that are more than 40 in this case). Does not exist a form to be able "to exclude" the other textures that desire are not affected by the MD?
Nothing in manual explain if possible control of on-off by texture and the button of hide either aid.

Help!
sorry for bad english

hrgiger
03-26-2003, 03:28 PM
You can either turn MD off for a layer or turn it on. You can however make all of your other surfaces fixed so they don't move during an MD simulation.

If you're getting slow calculations from MD, put the part to be animated with MD in a seperate layer so that it's only calculating that part.

untipocualquier
03-26-2003, 04:49 PM
I have already proven to put the rest of surfaces fixed, but this does that the time of calculation very, but very slow... reason why I assume that obvious MD considers them in calculation.
On the other hand it is impossible to separate that part of the object in other layer since this united one to the same one. This already I did it for the clothes for example, but I cannot do it for a part of the body that this together with the rest of mesh. The solution should be as simple as "exclude" to the simulation textures selected and to "include" others, maybe it does not posible.

Anyway, thanks

hrgiger
03-26-2003, 09:50 PM
What exactly are you trying to do? It is possible to put objects in seperate layers even if they're the same object. There are tricks you can do to speed up MD.

untipocualquier
03-26-2003, 10:35 PM
There are parts of the object, to which I want to apply MD to him, that they can move to other layer and apply MD like an independent object. An example of this is the clothes of character that I can move to other layer, which I can make collide with another simpler object that the original one... would have then: character in layer 1, clothes in layer 2 and "simple" character in layer 3.
In this case, I do not apply MD to layer 1, apply MD to layer 2 like "target" and to layer 3 like "collision" (Layer 3 must be deformed by bones of character in layer 1).

But for the case of for example the belly of character, which this united one to the rest of the body of continuous form, is no another option that to apply MD to layer 1... and in this case appears to me all the present textures in character in the simulation (more than 40 for this character).
In this case, I cannot cut the belly of the rest of the body because same lost continuity in transition between both parts (the object is subpatch).

Everything would be easier if it could indicate the MD, on which surface to act and on as no.

untipocualquier
03-27-2003, 09:35 PM
Anyone know if possible?
Thanks

Lightwolf
03-28-2003, 02:19 AM
Well, one thing you could try (If you haven't already), is to use parts and not surfaces, that might make it easier (especially if all of your dynamic surfaces have the same properties).

In Modeler, select all polygons that you want to treat as one entity in MD, go to Display->Grouping->ChangePart Name and name them.
If you use Parts in MD, you can then use that polygon selection instead of the surface selection.

I hope it helps.

Cheers,
Mike