PDA

View Full Version : LW8- Extender Pluss

Barred
06-09-2004, 02:19 PM
Hi guys, I am having trouble with extender pluss.

I have Protons vid and have followed the same steps but instead of having the polys extend all that is happening is points are being duplicated on top of the original points.

Any ideas would be appreciated.

Dodgy
06-09-2004, 02:29 PM
Are you moving those points after you create them?

Barred
06-09-2004, 04:12 PM
This is what is happening with differences to the vid.

Select the points on the edge that I want to extend, select Extender Pluss (e). Instead of having the cursor change as in the video Extender Pluss is turning itself off leaving the new points (and no geometry) on top of the originally selected points (the selected points jumps from say 3 to 6).

I have re-added the extender pluss plugin and even gone as far as reinstalling LW8 from scratch.

On a different note, I have oticed that when I have F-Prine open and try to move any object including lights they judder about and snap back to where they were as the mouse button is released, but works fine if the FPrime preview window is minimalised.

Dodgy
06-09-2004, 05:26 PM
After pressing e, press t to go into move mode and then move your points manually, extender plus doesn't do it for you.

You have to have Autokey on when using Fprime...

Barred
06-09-2004, 05:48 PM
Thxs Dodgy.

It makes no difference wether auto key is on or not. It is not a update of the sceen in the Fprime window that is not updating, it is the light itself that is snapping back to its original position as if the move is being undone as you let go of the mouse when adjusting its position.

It is like scrubbing the time line with out creating a key first, only it is doing it as the mouse button is released.

If I am not making much sence sorry it has been a frustrating day and I am getting tiered.

Dodgy
06-10-2004, 02:40 AM
Do you use Lightwave with Autokey create on (in the options menu as well as the button)?

Because I got it to exhibit the behaviour you talk about by turning autokey off, I think Fprime refreshes the position etc when it renders, so if you don't have a key it jumps right back to where it does.

Sorry if this seems like a repetition but that's my most likely culprit....

Barred
06-10-2004, 03:21 AM
HI Dodgy sorry for the delay I was crashing at the ketboard last night :)

I have tried both in the options and the button with no difference.
Once the keyfram has been made Fprime does update and is not a problem. With the FPrime Display window open the actual light in LW8 is bouncing back to its original position. It is as if Fprime is locking to position data for the light in LW8 while the Display window is maximised.

To my original problem :)

Thanks the Extender Pluss is working as you said by moving the points. NT must have changed the way it works or Proton missed a step out in his demo Vid because EP does not work that way now.

One of these days I am going to have to get a set of Dans or Lattys training CD's as I am a visual learner and find it sinks in better when I am shown as apposed to reading about it.