PDA

View Full Version : How do I render 2 video sources 1/2 effected

stoolpigeon
03-26-2003, 11:09 AM
I'm not really sure how to ask this question, since it is a switcher and TEd question.

I want to run 2 video clips together in perfect timing AND have a switcher effect between them....BUT, the switcher effect stays in the same position, so you always see both sources.

Now, here's what I was doing......I rendered a WEDDING DAY IN REVIEW video. I want to run 1 version of this video with the BLUR on it and I lighten the clip by overlaying a WHITE box on it and partially dissolved. I can do this completely in TEd with no problem.

THEN, I want to take the SAME video un-affected and sync it up on the time line, so both portions of video play the exact same thing at the exact same time and then take an OVAL EFFECT or something similar and open the EFFECT 1/2 way and leave it that way for the whole video.

The process will give a similar DREAM EFFECT to the video, because the outer edges of the OVAL will be whitened and blurred, while the inner video is sharp and crisp. The OVAL I am using does not have sharp edges, so is looks smooth going from sharp to blurred.

I can do this by placing the original video clip in a DDR and setting up the white and blurred video in TEd and playing both at the same time, manually, while running both sources thru the switcher. I can record this live to a DV deck and then re-capture the final video, but this is also time consuming. My problem is that the Toaster cannot capture this process LIVE, because it is playing 2 video sources, processing 1 quite a bit, running a switcher with the effect 1/2 way activated, and trying to capture back to the hard drive. I'm sure my drives can handle the data flow, but my processors choke and it drops frames.....I am running a Dual 2.0 ghz Supermicro.

Thanks,
Chad
Any ideas on how to make TEd use an effect 1/2 way throughout the project?

RomainR
03-26-2003, 11:54 AM
Hello Stoolpigeon,

Try this in TED oval DVE (http://www.silenceontourne.com/downloads/oval.zip)

hope this helps.

Rich Deustachio
03-26-2003, 03:20 PM
If you select a DVE and open up it's property panel, you can set it to 50 % or what ever percent you need to set it to. If you keyframe this to the beginning and to the end it will hold the whole length of the clip.