PDA

View Full Version : Architecture: Piano room

otacon
06-08-2004, 12:33 PM
Heres another interior i just finished. I swear ive built a whole house by now...:p This is the piano room where you can relax and listen to some music. Tell me what you think!
http://img24.photobucket.com/albums/v73/otacon/pianoroom2.jpg

Tiger
06-08-2004, 01:12 PM
XLNT-soo very real! Great lights too!
You could write a tutorialbook some day.....I buy for sure!

/Thiger.

pixym
06-08-2004, 01:46 PM
GREAAAAT JOB as usual.
:)

wellsichris
06-08-2004, 02:25 PM
Very nice, like always, love your posts, I only have one suggestion. The piano seat legs look to skinny. they may actually be that skinny, and made of strong wood. It just looks a little skinny compared to the pianos i've seen, but honestly I love your work, always amazing.
keep up the good work

pixym
06-08-2004, 02:26 PM
Can we have a wireframe?
Please

adrian
06-08-2004, 02:55 PM
I like the old style you've managed to capture in the scene.

Excellent modelling, texturing and lighting

Adrian.

SODAPLAY
06-08-2004, 03:18 PM
Very nice! Like other room scenes...
I have a question thou, since you don't have a powerfull computer how do you manage your scenes? In layout how do you set up your viewports? Sometimes layout crashes if I put too many objects. I don't have a powerfull computer either, but faster than yours.. that is why I'm asking..

Thank you.

- SODA

otacon
06-08-2004, 04:04 PM
Thanks. Heres a wireframe for you. 30,500 polys total.

SODA: Well, in layout i mainly use one viewport, and i usually have that in camera view, perpective, or light view. I cant work with open gl textures because things get really slow. In modeler i try not to have points showing, and that helps things move faster. For the lighting, i usually set up the lights when there is nothing in the room but a window....that way i can do some test renders fairly quick and get the lighting the way i want it. Later on when i add in all the other stuff all i have to do is small adjustments rather than a bunch of test renders. Working on a slow computer helps me not to waste polys or lights because if i put too much in it starts bogging down.

BTW, this scene is lit using interpolated radiosiy with the same settings as all my other interiors. I have one scaled area light outside, one next to the ceiling over the piano, and one to the left of the camera. Plus 2 point lights that affect specular only.

bloontz
06-08-2004, 05:06 PM
I know when I see your name on a gallery post it will always be an inspiring render. No exception here.

kuik2c
06-09-2004, 12:09 AM
Again, another great artwork from you. Really respect and enjoy the interior scenes you created using lw.
Maybe another bathroom, then the first lightwave build best home will be there. :p

BTW, only thing I can say is the wallpaper, the joining part at the corner, is that possible to let the texture continuos join to the next wall?

Matt
06-09-2004, 02:49 AM
Top notch work as usual! I always admire your lighting setup.

j0SH
06-09-2004, 07:42 AM
very nice. the only thing that really sticks out for me (which is barely) is the rug. It's laying very flat. Perhaps put some small folds in it

either way, great work!

thekho
06-09-2004, 11:47 AM
Very nice work!

shaol
06-09-2004, 02:44 PM
the only thing that cought my eye was that the top of the window got some jaged edges other then that looks great

hrgiger
06-09-2004, 05:16 PM
What can I say, inspiring work as always.... Can you tell us what settings you used for your interpolated radiosity? I usually use FPrime anymore for radisosity but I still would like to use the LW renderer when I need volumetrics or anything like that...Everytime I try to use interpolated, it's splotchy beyond compare.

otacon
06-09-2004, 05:26 PM
Thanks. I agree the rug is too flat, and i should have put some more polys in the window frame. Heres the radiosity settings and the light setup...there is also an area light outside thats not in the screen shot, and the two point lights affect specular only. When you use interpolated its good to model to scale because it makes it easier to set up. I sometimes get splotches with interpolated, but shading noise reduction helps smooth it out. Also, its good to have enough lights in the scene so that the radiosity isnt doing all the work, but acts as more of a filler. Thats how i look at it anyway.
GI settings:http://niftyfx.com/uploads/pianolight2.jpg
Light setup:
http://img24.photobucket.com/albums/v73/otacon/pianolight.jpg