PDA

View Full Version : Blur effect for Newbe

David
03-26-2003, 09:44 AM
I have the VT version of Aura running on Dual Xeons, All I need to do is blur out someone's face in a Music Video but I don't know the best way to do it could someone either tell me how step by step or point me in the right direction to where there is a guide to do this online.

Thank You

Whelkn
03-26-2003, 11:53 AM
David--- There is a tutorial for this I think in the Aura sectionof the webpage but I will give it a shot

First track the person face with the pixel tracker and give the motion file a name---if you dont know how to use it check the Docs. Then make a shape like a circle or something and cut it out as a brush then load up the Keyframer and use the motion you created from the pixel tracking and apply it to a new animLayer. Then turn on the stenciling for the layer you just created--its a little cube on the left side of the layer. If you turn on the quick help in the help menu it will give the names of things when you mouse over them. The stencil layer will make it so the blur will only effect the area where there is paint. Now apply your blur to the original video layer.(or ot could be the stencil layer I cant remeber if one doesnt work try the other). Well I hope this has helped and is not to confusing.

Jeremy

David
03-26-2003, 12:56 PM
I'll try it!!!

Whelkn
03-26-2003, 05:02 PM
David----

Something I forgot to mention. The Stencil Layer needs to be underneath your video layer or it wont work. Also apply the blur to your video layer.

Jeremy

SBowie
03-26-2003, 06:40 PM
Actually, Jeremy, I don't think it matters where the stencil layer is positioned. In fact, for some ops the stencil layer can be the currently selected layer. You're correct, of course, that for this blur op the film layer needs to be selected.

Whelkn
03-26-2003, 07:23 PM
Nice to Know----Thanks Steve.