PDA

View Full Version : move plus?

ali
06-07-2004, 11:47 PM
Tried Move Plus and moved a cube in the direction of its normal, but couldn't give a certain distance. The distance isn't displayed in the numeric panel or info box; the numeric panel doesn't let you enter value.
As a result; there are sure many enhancements in LW8; but they are not worth upgrade. (I am not interested in character animation and make architectural visualisations).
Newtek should work harder and harder to take place in the competition. Still I can't find many simple tools that are available in very cheap softwares. This version is disappointing and makes me look for another software and use Lightwave as a secondary tool.

bloontz
06-08-2004, 08:25 AM
Sounds like you are using the wrong tool for the job unless I am not understanding you. Have you tried Translate Plus?

Dodgy
06-08-2004, 09:48 AM
This seems to be a bug. It should give you a numeric value, but it doesn't seem to. I've reported it to NT.

bloontz
06-08-2004, 11:27 AM
My take on move plus is that it is a quick and dirty combo of the point normal move tool and the regular move tool. I guess for it to work as you want, it would also need a check box to toggle regular and point normal modes. I agree that the numeric values should be either funtional or disabled, it's confusing to have them enabled but nonfunctional.