PDA

View Full Version : For those who paid another $100 for manuals...

SLAYER
06-07-2004, 08:57 PM
When the heck is it coming???

I already own 2 LW 8 books and will have another 2 or 3 that come out this month. This will be 4 or 5 books out for a software before the software manual even exists!?!. Pretty funky.

Newtek eagerly snatched up my $$$ again just like for the upgrade, but I am patiently waiting....

Hopefully this will not take as long.

I must say also, that Newtek is one of, if not the only, company I have paid for a pre-order and have payment charged right away. Everybody else charges when it ships or releases.

Earl
06-07-2004, 09:09 PM
Originally posted by SLAYER
I must say also, that Newtek is one of, if not the only, company I have paid for a pre-order and have payment charged right away. Everybody else charges when it ships or releases.

Not quite true. I pre-ordered the "convenience upgrade" for LightWave [8] box/manuals (expecting it to ship soon) in September of 2003. However, NewTek did not charge my credit card since it was not ready to ship. When I spoke to Customer Service (last month) about this, they said that they only charge when it's ready to ship. NewTek actually canceled my order (though they didn't tell me) for the box/manuals due to the delay of [8] - I was never out a dime. Now I'm waiting for the manuals to start shipping, then I'll re-order my "convenience upgrade."