PDA

View Full Version : Aaahhhhhh

Andyjaggy
06-07-2004, 02:30 PM
Anyone ever get the error loading object thingy!? 5 hours of work gone, guess that's why you save incremantaly. :(

bloontz
06-07-2004, 02:49 PM
Are you trying to load in modeler or layout? I've had objects that wouldn't load in modeler but would load in layout. I was usually able to fix the problem by removing a plugin and saving a copy from layout. For instance I have had problems with certain shader plugins causing the problem, Ogo Hikari was one I believe.

Incremental saves are really important in any app. I learned that when I lost 8 hrs of work in Illustrator when it crashed while saving. That was like 12 years ago and ever since I save incrementally very often.

Andyjaggy
06-07-2004, 02:53 PM
I tried loading it in Layout as well without any luck. I thought I remember reading that LW 8 would have an autosave feature?? Or was it refering to the incremental save?? At any rate doing it all over again won't take nearly as long now that I know exactly what I want and how to get it.

bloontz
06-07-2004, 03:17 PM
There is an auto save switch in the hub config file, but I think it's off by default. Worth a look though, and may be a good idea to turn it on.

Andyjaggy
06-07-2004, 03:22 PM
Hey thanks for that info, it is off by default, is that new with LW8 or has that always been there? Guess the hub is worth taking a closer look at.