PDA

View Full Version : UV Help

firstsingle
06-07-2004, 10:49 AM
No matter what I try my UV's for a Head object always come out looking like the attached Image.
I want the face to be in order like ithe way I modeled it. I need help bad because whenever I texture my objects It comes out not placed the way I'd like. What projection could give me the right results. I've been using Cylindrical.
Thanks for your help in advance.

firstsingle
06-07-2004, 10:52 AM
I want the face to be in the center!

miamilwguru
06-07-2004, 10:56 AM
There is a software called unwrap that you can download for free just go to flay.com and under techniques or tutorials i'm not sure which put in the search for unwrap and it will give you the link. another way that i have noticed that you can actually make the face look str8 at you from modeler is to rotate it 45 degrees and the face part should be centered good enough for you to texture it. then you can texture itusing cylindrical projection mapping.
well good luck hope i helped a bit.

thekho
06-07-2004, 01:08 PM
1) Rotate your head -90 degrees (Z-axis)
2) Make a new UV Map and apply a cylindrical projection on the y-axis.
3) Rotate your head back 90 degrees.

That's all. Hope it helps.

firstsingle
06-07-2004, 02:53 PM
Hey guys. 'Miami' I do have unWrap and no luck. It does the same thing no matter which way I turn the model
i even have UVEdit Pro. That plug-in does some weird things sometimes:)

I'm gonna try your other Ideas and i'll post my results later tonight. Thanks alot

Miamilwguru
thekho

firstsingle
06-07-2004, 03:34 PM
Originally posted by miamilwguru
There is a software called unwrap that you can download for free just go to flay.com and under techniques or tutorials i'm not sure which put in the search for unwrap and it will give you the link. another way that i have noticed that you can actually make the face look str8 at you from modeler is to rotate it 45 degrees and the face part should be centered good enough for you to texture it. then you can texture itusing cylindrical projection mapping.
well good luck hope i helped a bit.

Guys. Thank you both. Rotating the model in the top view 45 deg. Worked like a charm. Thanks Alot!