PDA

View Full Version : Need serious help with IK on 8

miamilwguru
06-07-2004, 10:41 AM
i'm sure everyone has tried this before a simple leg of bones and then add a null to be the IK goal, simple right? wrong!

if you're using lightwave 8 is not as simple it seems, i have to make this animation with a character and i don't have time to learn the new IK booster so i'm trying to do it the old fashion way in the meantime i learn the new tools, but forwhatever reason is not workin what am i doing wrong or is it a serious bug that no one forsaw. And yes i tried doing the same thing on lightwave 7.5 and yes it works. as a matter of fact i saved the scene that worked on 7.5 and took it into 8 and the ik didn't work anymore once it was inside 8.

please help any suggestion will be appreciated, i attached the file of the ik scene but i had to change the extension to txt so that you would be able to download it without me converting it into zip so please don't forget to cahnge it back to .lws

bloontz
06-07-2004, 11:05 AM
Well I tried your scene in LW 8 and the IK seems to work just fine, not sure why you are having problems. I've been using lots of IK setups from 7.5 that I created with ACS4 and they all work as expected in LW 8.

meatycheesyboy
06-07-2004, 11:24 AM
Is there a reason why Bone (3)'s pitch is set to keyframe and not to IK? If I change it to IK, it works exactly as I would expect it to.

miamilwguru
06-07-2004, 05:34 PM
I got it solved already, it turns out that somehow my machine got into a fit at some point today in the mornign and once i rebooted the computer everything started working again, thank you marvin at newtek for suggesting some solutions to the problem.

So the lesson learned today is that if something doesn't work reboot and try again and if it still doesn't work then call newtek.

thanks everyone.