lwaddict
06-07-2004, 07:06 AM
I've got a feature request...
how about a manual?

Everything else is gravy...
but a manual is definitely MEAT.

Karmacop
06-07-2004, 07:10 AM
The manual will be released when they release LW8.

lasvideo
06-07-2004, 08:02 AM
You can order it from this site. I did.

gjjackson
06-07-2004, 09:11 AM
I ordered it also, wondering when it will get here. I was especially interested in the tutorial book.

bloontz
06-07-2004, 10:02 AM
It will be available for download also, when it's ready.

Earl
06-07-2004, 04:40 PM
From what I hear, only the manual will be downloadable - not the tutorial book.

LFGabel
06-07-2004, 06:43 PM
Originally posted by Earl
From what I hear, only the manual will be downloadable - not the tutorial book.
Man... they f*** you at the drive-thru... ;)

Signal to Noise
06-07-2004, 10:56 PM
Any Canadians order the manual on-line? I contacted a local reseller about ordering them since that's what NewTek's blurb on the order page said to do. The reseller contacted NewTek and got back to me saying that I need to phone NT and place the order directly through them. I'm going to phone but am just curious if ordering on-line would still be an option.

Karmacop
06-08-2004, 12:26 AM
The tutorial book is material from one of Tim Albee's books I think ... either cut down or just certain chapters. So the reason it wont be avaliable online is because the publisher is letting Newtek reprint the selected material, but not giving them full rights to do with it what they want. So it is annoying that people that don't pay the extra cash wont be seeing the tutorial book, I'm sure you can understand why.

Yog
06-11-2004, 08:18 AM
Too funny.
It’s one thing to know that most of the software that makes up the upgrade is bought off the shelf from 3rd party sources, but now we find that part of the upgrade is bought off the shelf from 3rd party sources as well.

What’s the chances that the next big Modeler “upgrade” will be the inclusion of “Wings-3D”. Of course the upgrade will still be $500, but Wings will no longer be available for free on the net
:rolleyes: