PDA

View Full Version : Inquiry about the HUB..?

TOXIC-3D
06-06-2004, 10:01 PM
How'dee all...

Hey I have a question concerning the HUB...

Since I've owned Lightwave 7.5b/c and now 8 I have had this situation where as whenever I "first open" up Layout or Modeller,..Layout or Modeller will sit there for the better part of a minute sometimes until the Hub has finished opening up... then Layout or Modeller finish opening up...

I have tryed installing Lightwave on my daughters computer and have tried this out and its been the same thing every time... I've also tried it on an older system that I had laying around aswell as my laptop...

As for this problem,.. it only happens when I've first opened up either Layout or Modeller following a "Fresh Boot" of my system... Once Layout or Modeller have been opened atleast once, I can shut them down and reopen them latter and theres no lag of any kind...

Is this suppose to happen like this..? Because I have a buddy of mine who tells me that its never happened to him the way it works for me...

Thanks in advance...

TOXIC'...

sKb875
06-08-2004, 08:14 AM
That happends to me too.. It's VERY annoying. And also, if I'm in modeler and I click "Send to Layout" it does the same long loading things unless I already have a opened Layout window. Is there some way to change that or fix it?

bloontz
06-08-2004, 08:19 AM
If you are running a firewall you may want to check it's settings, I've had that problem before and I'm pretty sure it was related to my firewall software.