PDA

View Full Version : Mouse Acceleration

Jockomo
06-06-2004, 03:51 PM
Did they add some sort of acceleration to the mouse movements when using the move tool?

It seems the faster you move the mouse now the further it will move.

I find this really annoying, I hope there is a way to turn it off.

Tim Parsons
06-06-2004, 10:45 PM
I posted this mesage over on the community thread and nary got a response so I guess you and I are the only ones experiancing this annoying bug.
Is anyone else experiencing mouse acceleration in LW8 Modeler? I double checked my mouse settings in control panel, but I still get a crazy acceleration with my mouse. It's only happening during click and drag operations and it's really bad during a move. I can move polygons off to oblivion if I'm not careful. Very,very annoying. Anybody have any ideas on what could be causing this, is there any settings within Modeler that I'm not aware of that controls mouse acceleration? Any help would be appreciated.

Cheers
Tim

theo
06-07-2004, 07:06 AM
I am having mouse issues as well but slightly different than what you guys are experiencing.

And in some cases it more than just simply annoying. For a user to have to sit there and flip back and forth between the mouse and tablet options in the G.O. panel just seems to me to be plain stupid just to get the mouse to respond properly.

Basic example in Layout- if I drag the keyframe slider from frame 20 to 120 the mouse pointer will stay at frame 20 upon release.

In Modeller when dragging points or such the mouse will jump back to its original location upon release- YUCKSville. Sometimes I have to switch between mouse and tablet several times in a day's work-YUCKSville number two.

Jockomo
06-07-2004, 08:49 PM
I noticed that it does not do it in 7.5, in fact I can have 7.5 open and 8.0 open at the same time, and it does it in 8 and not 7.5

So I don't think it is a function of the mouse's settings.

I think someone at newtek had the bright idea of adding acceleration to some of the functions and forgot to add a way to control it or remove it.

toby
06-08-2004, 07:18 PM
Originally posted by theo

Basic example in Layout- if I drag the keyframe slider from frame 20 to 120 the mouse pointer will stay at frame 20 upon release.

:confused:
LW's always done this(?), so the mouse doesn't stop when it gets to the edge of the screen when using sliders or rotating the view - I don't think it's possible to have different mouse settings for different controls ~