PDA

View Full Version : Continuing a HardFX motion?

mtvedten
06-06-2004, 01:57 PM
I have made an offshore oilrigg blow up and fall to the ground. (No I am not a terrorist)

However the my timeline was not long enough for all the pieces to fall to the ground. And becaure the model consist of a large amount of parts it took a long time to calculate. (The motion file sin almost 70MB!)

Can I expand the timeline and continue the calculation, in stead of doing it all over?

Also: Can I do a test calculation on just the last few frames so I can see if everything has fallen to the ground?

And: Do LW use both my dual processors when doing this calculations? The Taks Manager show them only running at about 50%.

Morten

digimassa
06-06-2004, 02:27 PM
:cool:
you can type a number into the little field right side of your timeline and press "enter" and this number is your new "last frame"

in render options you can set "render first frame" or "render frame step" for testing your blow up

about dual cpu I dont know, both work together in rendering, but in praecalculations?

mtvedten
06-06-2004, 03:02 PM
I do not mean rendering the animation.
I mean calculating the dynamics motion genereatd by the HardFX plugin.
(How the pieces fly and fall to the ground.)

Morten

MiniFireDragon
06-07-2004, 10:17 AM
Think about what you are asking. How is it going to know where the final pieces are gonna be if it doesn't know where they were before? So the answer would be you need to perform the calculations per fram to get the end result, not go right to the end and expect to see the end result. :)

CHeers!

FONGOOL
06-07-2004, 12:55 PM
I think he's asking whether it can take the calc that's already saved and then append additional calculation onto the end of it for the new frames. Doesn't seem like a terrible question to me...

Shouldn't it know where the bits were in the previous frame by looking at it's own previous calculation?

But then, I have no idea how the calculation results are processed and stored so maybe it's not possible. I dunno.

But I think it's an interesting question. :)

Steve

mtvedten
06-07-2004, 02:53 PM
Just as a note.

When I did do the entire calculation over again, I got the exact same motion, so its not a random calculation.