PDA

View Full Version : Blue Screen of death

Jockomo
06-05-2004, 05:59 PM
Well this is the first time I have ever seen a version of lightwave so bad it consistantly crashed my computer causing it to restart.

I have been trying to learn the new dynamics and Bone Dynamics today, and have been having crashes all day long.

My system specs:

Dell Precision 330
Pentium4 1.5 MHz with 1gig Ram
Windows 2000 5.00.2195
Service Pack 3

I have never had crashes like this in 7.5 and don't get crashes like this in any other software.

Am I correct in assuming this version is buggy as hell? Or are other people able to experiment with dynamics all day without a crash?

JamesCurtis
06-05-2004, 06:13 PM
I haven't played with 8 much yet other than a good many of the content files, but so far I've never had a blue screen crash. BTW, Win2k's most current service pack was sp4. I'm running WinXPpro. Yeah, I'll admit that there seems to be some bugs!! I'll probably be getting into some of the dynamics stuff soon.

Jockomo
06-05-2004, 09:14 PM
Actually I just checked, that info is old, I am running SP4.

I didn't get any crashes from just loading up some demo scenes either, except if I started tweaking the settings.

Dodgy
06-06-2004, 05:38 AM
I've only had a few crashes, mostly when I've been trying to remove a dynamic, certainly not when changing settings....