PDA

View Full Version : LW8 Node for ScreamerNet

dalecampbelljr
06-05-2004, 01:54 PM
LW8 Node for ScreamerNet

I am trying to setup some nodes on machine to use with ScreamerNet in LW8. Under LW7.5 it worked great. Here is my target line under WinXP for LW8
"X:\Program Files\LightWave [8]\Programs\LWSN.exe -2 -cC:\Documents and Settings\Administrator.LIGHTWAVESERVER.000 X:\Program Files\LightWave [8]\Programs\Command\job1 X:\Program Files\LightWave [8]\Programs\Command\ack1"
and in quotes just as shown.

I click on ok button and get the erro" The name 'X:\Programs' specified in the target Box is not valid. Make sure the path and file name are correct. Any ideas?
This worked fine in LW7?
Dale

trick
06-05-2004, 02:50 PM
Just an idea: try changing the ...\Lightwave [8]\... tot ...\Lightwave8\... or better try to avoid spaces or special characters (Like \/?][}[)...

In the past there also were problems with this...

It probably will force you to reinstall but you just could try moving all the contents of c:\program files\Lightwave [8] tot c:\lw8 and redirect the shortcuts and change all the references in the config files....

Good Luck !!

donny
06-09-2004, 11:45 AM
Well the first thing i would try is editing your argument to look more like this

"X:\Program Files\LightWave [8]\Programs\LWSN.exe" -2 -c"C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator.LIGHTWAVESERVER.000" "X:\Program Files\LightWave [8]\Programs\Command\job1" "X:\Program Files\LightWave [8]\Programs\Command\ack1"